No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Sees Power as Brook's Key To Beat Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn Sees Power as Brook's Key To Beat Alexander

Eddie Hearn believes Kell Brook's conditioning will be the difference when he takes on Devon Alexander on February 23.

Brook's promoter is confident the 'Special One' will bring the IBF welterweight title back to Britain when he takes on the champion at the Detroit Masonic Center next month.

And he expects the sheer physicality of Brook to gradually tell on an opponent who appeared to quit when he faced a similar type of foe in Timothy Bradley in 2011.

"I think he has to hurt him, he has to be strong, powerful and patient," Hearn told Sky Sports. "He knows he's going to be much stronger than him, harder than him. But patience is important because he knows he's going to get hit.

[Click Here To Read More]

War Brook!

Comment

I don't know how strong a puncher Brook is??Not to mention Devon has shown a very good chin,I don't believe Brook is that kinda puncher to dent Alexander's chin...

Comment

A wee note to Boxing Scene top brass; Please stop pinching Sky’s articles. As a professional journalist myself, i really dislike seeing other people’s work pillaged. Particularly in light of your recent comments on the morals associated with BN24

Perhaps it’s not just those on the other side of the fence who should pull their socks up?

Step it up boys.

Comment

This article read more like a promotion instead of a news article.

Brook is unproven and hasn't fought anybody. Fight night we are going to find out all about him. Alexander has the ability to fight ugly fights

Comment

I really don't know where the brittish public has gotten this idea that Brook is some kind of a 1 punch KO artist and a physical brutish type of fighter cuz he really isn't, when push comes to shove and this kid gets in a real brawl he'll crack, he's done nothing to demonstrate he has fight changing power or a physicality to overwhelm someone like Devon, don't get me wrong Devon is a pretty ****ty fighter but he's actually strong, has a good chin and has enough skill and experience for someone like Brook. Yeah Bradley was physical with him but he didn't manhandle him...he pushed him back, came in with his head and just threw a lot of punches and didn't let Alexander relax or think, theres a HUGE difference.

Comment

Can't wait for Alexander to whoop Brook. Taking bets.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
                I really don't know where the brittish public has gotten this idea that Brook is some kind of a 1 punch KO artist and a physical brutish type of fighter cuz he really isn't, when push comes to shove and this kid gets in a real brawl he'll crack, he's done nothing to demonstrate he has fight changing power or a physicality to overwhelm someone like Devon, don't get me wrong Devon is a pretty ****ty fighter but he's actually strong, has a good chin and has enough skill and experience for someone like Brook. Yeah Bradley was physical with him but he didn't manhandle him...he pushed him back, came in with his head and just threw a lot of punches and didn't let Alexander relax or think, theres a HUGE difference.
                I don't think the British public do think that.
                Kell isn't a knockout artist but he does have power and he is big for a welterweight. Because he times his punches really really well and he does have a bit of power, he wears opponents down.
                I think what Eddie Hearn is saying is that Alexander seems to believe that his best bet is to take the fight inside and stifle Kell, but Kell is big and strong and I think he might overpower him on the inside.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
                  I really don't know where the brittish public...
                  Millions of British citizens contributed to this article...

Comment

Hearn's just trying to hype this fight up for the Brits who don't know **** about boxing. If Maidana and Matthysse couldn't finish Devon then Brook sure as hell isn't going to.

This is still a "pick em" fight for me, I'll be rooting for Brook but Devon has to be the favourite going in.

Comment

Working...
                    X