• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
    Seven Pounds
    and
    The Pursuit of Happyness
    Pursuit of Happyness is on my list too.

As a single dad, it has more meaning to me now more than when I first saw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith Richards View Post
      and the director terrance mallick, all of his films are like that eh?
      his two best films, badlands and days of heaven, are a bit more plot-based and a bit less onanistic.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
        i hardly ever buy anything these days, i just use torrents and downloads. i'm not sure that there are any dvd companies with a more exhaustive catalogue than criterion. in britain we have a few smaller ones who occasionally stock something criterion overlooked, but whether they would export to singapore i don't know. we also have a great little store in leicester square called (imaginatively) the cinema store, which stocks a lot of great stuff, and the curzon in soho shows a good selection of foreign films too.

for some great russian cinema check out elem klimov's come and see, bondarchuk's war & peace, and kozintsev's shakespeare adaptations. more recently, aleksandr sokurov and andrey zvyagintsev are two russkies who have impressed me.
        any of you know this website?
        http://www.surrealmoviez.info

a lot of great film here you can download for free. mostly rapidshare.

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
          yeah that dude terrence... ive watched his other 3 films (badlands, thin red line and new world...)

he is slow and methodical... his visuals are as cinematic as anyone... actually, when i watched the thin red line, i was expecting it to mimic private ryan in terms of action but man, i was wrong... (these two were shown almost at the same time like over a decade ago...)

repeated viewings though and the thin red line becomes like a phoenix so to speak...
          i agree with thin red line, i didnt like it that much when i first saw it. i wasnt familiar with the director's work that time.

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          i hardly ever buy anything these days, i just use torrents and downloads. i'm not sure that there are any dvd companies with a more exhaustive catalogue than criterion. in britain we have a few smaller ones who occasionally stock something criterion overlooked, but whether they would export to singapore i don't know. we also have a great little store in leicester square called (imaginatively) the cinema store, which stocks a lot of great stuff, and the curzon in soho shows a good selection of foreign films too.

for some great russian cinema check out elem klimov's come and see, bondarchuk's war & peace, and kozintsev's shakespeare adaptations. more recently, aleksandr sokurov and andrey zvyagintsev are two russkies who have impressed me.
          the only problem i got with criterions are they are really expensive. some are like $40.

Comment

On top of my head.

Forrest Gump - about promises, friendship, innocence and unconditional love.
            Pursuit of Happyness

And Batman begins - it is not profound but the quote "it is what you do that defines you" has a lifetime effect to me.

Comment

Comment

Great movie about death.

Last edited by deliveryman; 10-06-2012, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Its always tough thinking of movies off the top of my head but the first I thought of was Magnolia, Adaptation, Waking Life, and It's a Wonderful Life

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X