Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan’s Warning To Other Boxers: 'Be Your Own Boss!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amir Khan’s Warning To Other Boxers: 'Be Your Own Boss!'

Amir Khan recently announced that he wants to turn his promotional vehicle, Khan Promotions, into a major player on the boxing scene. Khan, though, still has his own career to consider and despite a July 14 fourth-round defeat to Danny Garcia the 25-year-old has insisted that he will bounce back into contention.

Indeed, the Bolton-based boxer has courted controversy by stating that he was not happy with the amount of time he spent with his trainer, Freddie Roach, going into the contest and has spoken openly about Roach, who also trains Manny Pacquiao, spending more quality time with him ahead of future fights. Khan’s ultimatum is a sure sign that the former WBA and IBF light-welterweight champion is in charge of his own career, which Khan confirmed when speaking about Team Khan with BoxingScene recently. [Click Here To Read More]

AHAHAH!! Now, Khan try to hype himself with MONEY!! '' I'm not the Best 140, i don't have a chin either, BUT!! I'm the biggest money earner who can keep losing and losing!!!''

Amir is sooooo full of himself!!! You have a lot of money but you still a poor man!

Comment

this guy agrees.

Comment

Just think of all the other professional sports stars who are in their 20's and making more money then Khan - shame the thick fcuker cant see past his own nose. That probably explains why he's never managed to develop out of the amateur style he has with no in-fighting.

The one thing Khan should relinquish control of is his PR, he is a PR disaster for himself.

Khan also forgets you can only be the guy in control if you have the fans and career that goes with it. He is 1 or 2 more KO's away from not having much left and then he will be a promoters b1tch if he wants to carry on

Comment

Does that mean he gave the greenlight for raiding Ariza's hotel room not so long ago.

Originally posted by chav View Post
          The one thing Khan should relinquish control of is his PR, he is a PR disaster for himself.
          Cesarean powershot. That's probably one of the most accurate statements I've read about Khan.

Comment

I know khan comes across as tit sometimes but you have to admit he is fun to watch in the ring win or lose its always a good watch

Comment

Hahahha, have fun with your domestic project. Your promotional company is going to be like Pacs..... domestic fighters only

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post

this guy agrees.
                This is a little off track, well, really a lot off track. But anyways your photo reminded me of one of the funniest boxing related things I had ever seen on a TV show.

On an episode of the show "Taxi" Tony Danza was in training for an up coming boxing match and was still driving a cab. Danny DeVito was talking to a crowd of drivers and taking bets that Tony would lose. Marilu Henner says something to Danny that they shouldn't bet against Tony because he is their friend and co-worker.

Tony then comes walking by the crowd and Danny calls out his name. Tony stops and looks at the crowd and Danny proceeds to throw something at him. Tony doesn't move his head and the object hits him squarely in the middle of his forehead. As Tony stands there blinking his eyes and shaking his head the crowd turns to Danny to bet against Tony in his up coming fight. To include his good friend Marilu.

And after thinking about it I guess it really isn't to far off track. Because I am sure that many of Amir's friends and former fans will now have no problem betting against him.

Comment

Amir Khan’s Warning To Other Boxers: 'Learn Defense!'

Comment

who is giving Khan advice?

where is Khan getting advice from?? His taxi cab driving Dad? Khan promotions might want to be be based in the middle east. funny though Khan promotions of what????

Comment

Working...
                    X