Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite commentary one liner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recall something Merchant said, but not in exact detail. I recall busting out laughing. It went something like:

"He's a real hip hop fighter.... not like the other guy. He has a hip hop and rap element to him."

"What do you mean by that Larry?"

"I mean.....yeeaaah, uuuuuh. He's the type of fighter that reminds me of hip hop music. He....he's a good fighter Jim."

Comment

7:00

"..and he awakens to find himself in Las Vegas on a Saturday night!"

Comment

"the whale has been harpooned"

Comment

"He ain't getting up Jim" by RJJ.

Comment

Great fight. Lewis beat the **** out of Grant and ended American's newest hope in brutal fashion. Grant was so hyped at the time.. He was the original Lucian Bute lmfao.

Lewis beat the **** out of Grant and ended America's newest hope in brutal fashion. Grant was so hyped at the time... He was the original Lucian Bute lmfao.

My favorite all time was when Lewis knocked out Rahman

and Lampley made a very funny noise like

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Comment

"even a rock would break if you hit it often enough." - merchant during pacquiao-morales 2

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                Skip to 3:35 to hear mine lol

Fuk what a brutal fight.

Lennox messed him up good. Grant could have went on to become a Hall of Famer.

He was 6'9 and had brutal power. He got underrated boxing skills too.
                The world was his oyster... Damn he was ruined after this.

God damn.. the sad thing about this era is.. Grant at age 40 can still be a 'good gatekeeper' for the young prospects... lmfao.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                  My favorite all time was when Lewis knocked out Rahman

and Lampley made a very funny noise like

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
                  Foreman said boom. Or I think both of them did.

Comment

B.Hop's ring walk for the Tito fight

Larry Merchant: "and he is expecting to be boo'd Jim, and his answer is, I come from Philadelphia where they boo Santa Claus"

Comment

"Carl Froch folks, is a tough, tough man!"

Froch v Johnson, I think I've got the transcript right but I can't quite tell.

"Beautiful right hand by Johnson, right on the button! That backs up Froch. Did it hurt him ? Noooooo Froch punches out of it, and he steps up. (Tarver laughing his arse off in the background) Carl Froch folks, is a tough, tough man!

It's just after the 8 minute mark. I love the way Showtime always seemed to be amazed at what a massive hard nut Froch is. This bit of commentary sums it up nicely.

Comment

Working...
                      X