Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito mauled Martinez 12 years ago. Did Margarito cheat his whole career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL it's a joke 6 people said just Mosley. Right...

Comment

no, margarito was just the better fighter in 00. i'm not sure, i like to believe he didn't use those wraps in other fights besides the mosley one. we'll never really know though, unless he admits it himself (which would never happen). margs was just a tough dude in his day.

Originally posted by tupapa View Post
      Margs never cheated and cotto knew this after their fight. Jotto was blasting him all thru their promoting of the fight so why o why did he not say margs had cheated in the post fight interview? Max asked cotto the milliion dollar question did margs punches feel the same? and cotto answered something along the lines that yes his punches where powerful.
      did he really? i thought for some reason in a post interview or at the post presser he said his punches didn't feel as powerful as the first fight. i could've sworn i heard him say that. don't remember where exactly, but damn...

Comment

He definately did for the Lujan fight and most likely the Cotto fight. He is sure getting a dose of karma now for all he did, he will destroy his eye if he isn't careful.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
          no, margarito was just the better fighter in 00. i'm not sure, i like to believe he didn't use those wraps in other fights besides the mosley one. we'll never really know though, unless he admits it himself (which would never happen). margs was just a tough dude in his day.

did he really? i thought for some reason in a post interview or at the post presser he said his punches didn't feel as powerful as the first fight. i could've sworn i heard him say that. don't remember where exactly, but damn...
          Its not hundred percent but I remember him saying something along those lines look it up. BUt to me cotto saying that is all the proff I need that he never cheated against cotto.

Comment

The fact that his punches havent really affected anyone hes fought since being exposed kinda answers all questions for me. But thats just me.

Comment

Its not hundred percent but I remember him saying something along those lines look it up. BUt to me cotto saying that is all the proff I need that he never cheated against cotto.
              i think javier capetillo is the real cheater, but to be fair, Cotto said nothing to praise Margaritos punches in the rematch. All he said was, "I am still awake"

Let's not brainwash boxing fans with revisionist history now.

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
                i think javier capetillo is the real cheater, but to be fair, Cotto said nothing to praise Margaritos punches in the rematch. All he said was, "I am still awake"

Let's not brainwash boxing fans with revisionist history now.
                I could find the hbo one. But IF i remember correctly that is what he said. Here is the spanish version. THey ask cotto if his punches felt the same if they hurted like in the first one. AND THIS IS WHAT COTTO SAID. YES THEY HURT THEY FELT LIKE THE ONES FROM THE FIRST FIGHT.

Comment

I could find the hbo one. But IF i remember correctly that is what he said. Here is the spanish version. THey ask cotto if his punches felt the same if they hurted like in the first one. AND THIS IS WHAT COTTO SAID. YES THEY HURT THEY FELT LIKE THE ONES FROM THE FIRST FIGHT.
                  here is the link go to the 58 mark and jr ask him the same question max asked cotto.

Comment

Margarito mauled Martinez 12 years ago. Did Margarito cheat his whole career?
                    No.

Sergio Martinez just sucks and always have. Only casual fans think he's any good.

Comment

No.

Margarito is just too much for Martinez at that time. Even with the orbital bone fracture, Margarito will still rape Martinez even today.

Comment

Working...
                      X