No announcement yet.

Facing death, CNN sports legend embraces life - Nick Charles [Video]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing death, CNN sports legend embraces life - Nick Charles [Video]

Very nice video CNN put together along with a story.

Embed didn't work for some reason, article and video here.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/04/06/nic...ex.html?hpt=C2

im tearing up over here......

Comment

oh man. teared up when I saw his videos for his kid. cancer is so tragic. I've seen a family member go from it, and it's so sad. always liked you nick, and respect your love for this crazy pursuit we all love.

Comment

I always liked Nick when he announced because even while distracted by good firepower and lots of punches he would always keep his composure and relay off to you in a calm manner exactly what kind of warfare is going on in the ring. he would remain analytical, instead of turn into a little boy like teddy does and yell. I like teddy tho.

Comment

cant even imagine having to make a video for my kids..man alot of us dont appreciate life until its to late..this is something to think about

Comment

Boxing is going to lose a real class act, the good thing is he did so many shobox cards it's going to hard to not hear his voice every once in awhile when watching old fights.

The story is also very good, the video should have been longer imo.

Comment

one fight that really sticks out was when Nick Charles and Steve Farhood both did the Joel Julio vs Robert Kamya fight. that was one of the more brutal knockouts I've ever seen, kamya getting really punished and farhood the one saying like 'wow look at those shots from julio' and he's the analyical one really, and charles instead of getting wrapped up in the awe of the power of julio, was actually picking out things happening in the fight even as they went quickly. "Nice left hook by Julio followed by a right cross and he steps out to the side and mixes in a jab" etc and julio could be landing each punch ferociously and charles wouldn't freak out like all the other announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                cant even imagine having to make a video for my kids..man alot of us dont appreciate life until its to late..this is something to think about

It sucks, but it's one of those things that cannot be trained. You can't be trained to appreciate something you didn't previously appreciate, just because of something you see or experience...even jail fails to change people

Comment

i didnt remember who he was till they showed him at the olympics...and no **** but hes wrong he was a very handsome man....sad seems like a good dude and a great father......

Comment

Wish I could have meet Charles, I went to a lot of the Versus cards in Vegas and he was calling the fights with Wally Matthews.

Comment

Working...
                    X