Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

These Compubox stats pretty much prove my point the fight was close til the injury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Compubox stats pretty much prove my point the fight was close til the injury

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/vi...reman-compubox

OK so all of you geniuses wanna tell me Yuri ran, and Cotto dominated, blah blah blah.

LOOK at these stats. Cotto and Foreman were throwing almost an equal amount of punches prior to the knee injury. Foreman actually threw more punches in half of those rounds where he was healthy. Is that running?

And there was not one round(pre injury) where he was outlanded by more than 4 punches.

So, Cotto won, no one is arguing that. I love watching Miguel and I'm glad he won. But some of you bias ******s wanna say Yuri got blown out and he ran like a *****.

The numbers don't lie. It was a competitive fight. Give the kid his due.

Your post is why compubox numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. Did you watch the fight? No Yuri wasn't getting blown out of the water but he was pretty much losing every round.The fight certainly wasn't close, even if the numbers were.

Comment

what a dumb ass post.

judging the fight on compu stats?

GTFO

Comment

its about winning rounds. yuri wasnt winning fk all

GET THE FK OVER IT

Comment

Cotto hits much, much harder than Yuri.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Your post is why compubox numbers should be taken with a grain of salt. Did you watch the fight? No Yuri wasn't getting blown out of the water but he was pretty much losing every round.The fight certainly wasn't close, even if the numbers were.
            My whole point is the fight was close every round, even if Cotto was winning most of them. Foreman is being portrayed as a runner, when the numbers show he clearly threw an equal number of shots.

In regards as to whether or not I watched the fight, I got the ticket stub to prove it.

Comment

What's your deal bro?..

Yuri got MURKED showed hella heart tho..

Compubox isn't a way to show how "close" a fight was..you do know boxing is scored by rounds right?..

Watch the fight not the numbers..round 4 was the only round where he cracked Cotto wit a solid right..beyond that he hit Cotto here and there..but Cotto hit his ass back with much more meaningful and harder shots..

Even the ringside judges only gave Yuri 1 or 2 rounds on the official scorecards..let it go man..Yuri was outmatched and outclassed plain and simple..

Comment

Agree the fight was competive till the injury
                Way too much haters on this forum

Comment

me too, its competitive alright, to some of the posers here, they most of the times mixes up reality and fantasy in their minds. fight was competitive til the accident.

Comment

I don't know why you're hung up on this. Have you rewatched the fight?

The only round Yuri won was round 4 and at the end of round 3 he landed some good shots. That's it, the rounds were not very close. It wasn't a complete beatdown but cotto clearly won every round but 1 or 2.

Also, compubox doesn't prove anythign. Like one of the announcers said, when Yuri got hit he got hurt and moved out of the way, when cotto got hit it didn't phase him and he kept comin.

That's the difference. Clean & EFFECTIVE punches. Forget the stats. Cotto was hurting Yuri and Yuri was not doing anything to stop cotto.

Comment

Working...
                    X