Jon Jones Is Bored Of Fighting Wrestlers In The UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Jones Is Bored Of Fighting Wrestlers In The UFC

http://steverattlesnake.cliquezone.c...ers-in-the-ufc

“I’m actually really sick of fighting this type of style, Matt Hamill, Matyushenko, Jake O’Brien… they all have that similar kind of style. Their main focus is that double leg dive and [they have] sub-par boxing.

I’m ready to fight some strikers, I’m ready to fight some south paws, I’m ready to really mix it up.

I’m trying to secure a respect level with my wrestling. I’m sure Ryan Bader, the advantage he’ll have going in is to be the better wrestler and I’m going to try and prove the UFC wrong again.”

Careful what he wishes for :

Comment

Isn't he fighting Forrest Griffin soon?

Comment

nope, word is they giving him bader early 2011. Not really a fight that interest me to be honest, would prefer they give him the Griffin fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ƒallenloki View Post
          Isn't he fighting Forrest Griffin soon?
          hes fighting Ryan Bader

Comment

It's true that most fans are getting very bored with wrestlers in the UFC, even Jones himself is starting too.

But one thing I am not getting bored of is seeing Jones beat their asses. Jones comes from a wrestling background himself and it's nice to see someone who can use his style against other wrestlers and not bitch and moan about getting taken down and losing a decision. He manhandled Hamill and Matyushenko.

Griffin would be the more exciting fight than Bader, but I think Bader would be more of a challenge. I think Griffin would end up like Vera.

Comment

Working...
            X