Thrilla Or Rumble

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by czars_salad
    where?
    rope-a-dope can be applied to any sport, at least its principle, when you pretend to be in a disadvantage when you are not.

Comment

The Rumble In The Jungle I think was Ali's best fight. The Thrilla in Manilla was great, But the way the rumble ended for Ali was insane. They had the special on epsn classic today, I just finished watching it, very good presentation.

Comment

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thrilla' in Manilla is, in my opinion, Ali's best fight ever. Neither Ali nor Frazier would yield an inch and that fight raised the bar for what's expected of a champion in a title fight.

Comment

They're equally great classics, and have different kind of excitement and thrill to offer, so it's hard to compare them really. Ali's the common denominator in both fights, but you'd see 2 completely different Ali's in there.

Comment

Thrilla was an awesome fight, but so was the other. It's so hard to decide which was "better." I'd probably go with Thrilla, though.

Comment

It would have to be the Thrilla. The Rumble showed what good technique and patience can get you. The thrilla was all about heart and tenacity.

Comment

The first Frazier fight was the best Ali fight IMO. His best fight skills wise were certainly against Cleveland Williams, Zora Folley and Ernie Terrel, maybe the first Liston fight too. The biggest accomplishment IMO was the foreman fight, and the thriller in manila was great for the raw heart and determination. The most enjoyable fight of his to watch is probably the third Frazier...but there too many to choose from.
                What a fighter he was...

Comment

Originally posted by Verbl_Kint
                  It would have to be the Thrilla. The Rumble showed what good technique and patience can get you. The thrilla was all about heart and tenacity.
                  you just said the right words for me bro!

i think intelligence and sports skill makes a successful athlete,
                  but, heart and determination against tremendous adversity makes a successful athlete be legendary

Comment

gotta go with the Thrilla' in Manilla...it was the perfect fight, boxer vs slugger.

Comment

Originally posted by jomapac
                      Thrilla in Manila, for Ali-Fraizer 1 could not count as Ali's greatest fight cuz he lost that one ...
                      Ali won the Thrilla in Manilla by tko in the 14th. I have the tape at my house
                      but yea i say thrilla in manilla was a better fight than the ali formean fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X