What is the most effective style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the most effective style?

Floyd's , Manny's of Juan Manuel's ?

I personally think that Marquez has the more effective style by miles.

Think of it this way, if they were all the same height, had the same reach, same speed, same power and the same chin then I believe Marquez would beat the crap out of them easily.

Marquez had the speed and power disadvantages against Manny and still(IMO) beat him every time they fought.

Mayweather may have shut him out but he didn't stand there and simply outbox Marquez, he moved, he used his height,reach and speed advantages.

The fact that Marquez can compete with guys who have that many advantages over him says a lot about the man.

And to all the stupid people that are saying he is overrated after losing to Bradley are idiots. If anything Marquez is underrated.

i disagree. among the 3 styles, jmm is the least that could win over both. imo, floyd's style could win over pac and won over jmm. pac's style could win over floyd and has a win over jmm. jmm's style could never win over floyd. jmm doesn't do well going on the offensive often.

Comment

1.Floyd
      2.Manny
      3.Piss Drinker

It isn't that hard too see lol

Comment

JMM must be one of the worst styles, Danny Garcia has more boxing ability then him.

Comment

Rigo

Then the rest.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

How are you all so stupid?

Pac would beat JMM without a speed advantage?

Don't know why I even tried to have a proper discussion. The whole site is just trolls now.

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson Silva View Post
              JMM must be one of the worst styles, Danny Garcia has more boxing ability then him.
              go kill yourself

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post

Don't know why I even tried to have a proper discussion. The whole site is just trolls now.
                if pacquiao was slower he'd have a different style, if jmm was fast as sht he'd probabley be darting around the ring like a mad man while laughing maniacly and making faces (like vs bradley) alot more

Comment

Marquez didn't compete with all of the guys you listed, he was made to look like a fool in his fight against Mayweather.

Anyway the answer is Mayweather> Pacquiao> Marquez. Marquez style isn't effective against opponents unwilling to press forward or push the action, he also hasn't shown that his style is effective against boxers who are bigger than him. Mayweather and Pacquiao, throughout their career, have beaten a wider variety of fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by ImStillHere View Post

This is nsb man people are too embeded with particular fighters to the point any rational opinions are completely ignored and you're instantly labeled and idiot.

It's hard to say if Marquez would beat Mayweather simply on style , but without the speed advantage you'd have to believe Marquez and Mayweather beat Pacquiao with a counterpunching style.

Comment

Working...
                    X