Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Nonito Donaire retires Cristian Mijares is he the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Nonito Donaire retires Cristian Mijares is he the GOAT?

Because the way things are heading that is what Bob Arum wants me to think.

Arum needs a new cash cow and can easily get a fanbase with another Filipino fighter.

Comment

That's exactly right. Doesn't want to risk him too much just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        That's exactly right. Doesn't want to risk him too much just yet.
        and thats whats wrong with boxing YAY FOR CHERRYPICKING!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Mijares is probably a bit too much of a risk at this stage, give him a few more years until he starts too slow down a bit first.

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
            Arum needs a new cash cow and can easily get a fanbase with another Filipino fighter.
            but arum said donaire doesnt connect with the filipino fanbase and they dont like him....... oh wait, he sign back with top rank so everything's good now....

Comment

I think Arum doesn't know what the abbreviation GOAT stand for. Greatest Of All Time means best boxer ever, bar none, period. Not so very bright thing to say. Maybe he meant ATG (an All Time Great, one among the many all time greats). Donair is far, far, far from either. If anything, he is very overrated.

Comment

people will watch him regardless

Comment

He fought 4 times in 2012 and was named Fighter of the Year. Are you telling me that this was all just a smokescreen to cover up clever matchmaking and cherry picking?

Comment

Nonito might fight four times again this year, but if none of the opponents are the ones the fans want does it really matter?

Comment

Working...
                    X