Collapse
No announcement yet.

After watching Mares and Rigondeax's last few fights I'm convinced that

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Mares has absolutely no chance....not because he ain't good or hungry enough, but because Donaire is way too powerful for him......the only type of fighter who can beat Donaire at this division is a defensive counter offensive fighter, and even that, it'll be a points win..

Abner Mares got hit at will by Moreno, but Moreno is a very small fighter...imagine those hits on Mares, it'll be goodnight for him...the pressure fighter will fail (unless he too possesses top power and an iron chin)...Nishioka tried it for a few rounds and got nowhere...Mares doesn't have power, he's small.

WV2 did not too bad, had he had a bit more power it would have been a game changer.

I'd love to see Mares beat him, but sorry, power wins this one.

I give Rigo a much better chance as he is a defensive beast, but he too would have to land a bit more regular than usual.

Mares - puts up a tough fight but finally succumbs to power
    Rigo - 50/50 fight.

Once Donaire moves to 126, the ball game will change completely tho...that's where we'll see how good he is.

Comment

Russell????? Gtfo.

Until he fights a fringe contender at least you should leave him out of this. Donaire takes his soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        Russell????? Gtfo.

Until he fights a fringe contender at least you should leave him out of this. Donaire takes his soul.
        by the time donaire moves up to 126 russell will have a title.

Comment

Me personally, I think Donaire is a good fighter but I think both guys can beat him or make it really close

The WV2 fight was a good fight and WV2 was putting hands on Nonito. I think Rigo and Abner are more talented and can replicate the WV2's success and do more with it.

Comment

seems pretty obvious to me. very few fighters out there below 130 that can give donaire a fight. never been quite certain why everyone was sayin rigo could beat donaire. forget mares, he obviously stands no chance, rigo has the best chance, gamboa also, but still, donaire is no slouch!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
              they pose no threat to Nonito Donaire. They are not strong enough nor talented enough to beat Donaire. Donaire would brutalitze Santa Cruz too.

Donaire is on top of his game right now, and only a Russell, John, Gamboa, or Salido will give Donaire a fight under 130.
              Please stop with the "Nonito so good he doesnt even need to fight anyone" BS. He already ducked his last division toughest and your'e already giving him the green light to duck this divisions too.

And lets get one thing straight. Moreno >>>>>>> Nishi. Even at 122.

Who beat the better 122 guy? Mares. Who should be #1 right now? Mares.

Out of these 3 matches which was fought the highest skill: Rigo vs Marroquin, Donaire vs Nishi, Mares vs Moreno? You know which one is. I will give you a hint, it defintiely wasn't the one with the guy talking about retirement.

Moreno, Rigo, Mares would all be favorite to beat Nishi, Mathebula and Vasquez. Only difference is Nonito has his Pac gimmick going on and he is the one getting those fights.

Let Nonito fight some decent fighters, not some folks who he is already a massive favorite to beat.

Also, lets put the one punch KO myth to bed already. Hasnt happened in a bit, doubt its happening at higher weights (unless he drops Conte for Ariza).

Comment

I think Nonito beats them both. Rigo is a great technical fighter who I've personally seen up close but he's too stuck in the amateur style that really isn't gonna play into beating Donaire. Mares is an exciting fighter and has skills as well, but he tends to get reckless and that would be a huge mistake against Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                  Please stop with the "Nonito so good he doesnt even need to fight anyone" BS. He already ducked his last division toughest and your'e already giving him the green light to duck this divisions too.

And lets get one thing straight. Moreno >>>>>>> Nishi. Even at 122.

Who beat the better 122 guy? Mares. Who should be #1 right now? Mares.

Out of these 3 matches which was fought the highest skill: Rigo vs Marroquin, Donaire vs Nishi, Mares vs Moreno? You know which one is. I will give you a hint, it defintiely wasn't the one with the guy talking about retirement.

Moreno, Rigo, Mares would all be favorite to beat Nishi, Mathebula and Vasquez. Only difference is Nonito has his Pac gimmick going on and he is the one getting those fights.

Let Nonito fight some decent fighters, not some folks who he is already a massive favorite to beat.

Also, lets put the one punch KO myth to bed already. Hasnt happened in a bit, doubt its happening at higher weights (unless he drops Conte for Ariza).
                  So Donaire is a suspect cheater that I think is so good that he doesn't need to fight anyone huh? Lmfao!

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
                    I think Nonito beats them both. Rigo is a great technical fighter who I've personally seen up close but he's too stuck in the amateur style that really isn't gonna play into beating Donaire. Mares is an exciting fighter and has skills as well, but he tends to get reckless and that would be a huge mistake against Donaire.
                    Well said.

Comment

Donaire is unbeatable. Yeah ok. Mares and Rigo give him a tough fight and possibly beat him. GTFO with this ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X