Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can Pac do to counter JMM's strategy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
    what could work, but will never happen, is for Pac to sit back and NEVER take the lead, let JMM come to him, play the counter puncher. Make JMM uncomfortable, force him into a type of fight that isn't his style.

lol JMM's face would be priceless after 2 rounds of Pac never taking the lead a single time. A punch might not be thrown the entire time.
    Lol i think we saw Pac trying to wait to counter on the first couple of rounds of the 3rd fight. Pac just went back to doing his thing, his same offensive style.

But imo, it could work, but i think in order for Manny's counter to work, he has to have his lead foot outside when JMM comes in because jmm slips/bobs to his left with his lead foot outside and his head is well hidden from Manny's left hand, and right hand as well, then jmm pivots to left, in order for manny to neutralize jmm slip/bob pivot move he needs his lead foot outside, that way jmm cant pivot, if manny can do that, jmm will still be in range of his vicious left hand. Manny's Both hands actually.

This is actually the reason why jmm steps on Manny's foot when he is on the offense. To make sure Manny cant side step or put his lead foot outside or make a defensive move etc.
    Last edited by woopwoop; 10-29-2012, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
      i doubt it...that m0therfocker is like Jason
      HAHA. Fa real. JMM will not DIE!!!!

Comment

Only way Pac improves his chances against Marquez is to continue pushing the fight at a higher weight like he has been. 144 was not high enough as an advantage for Pac, perhaps 147 will just be enough. Pac can try Marquez at 150 after this one if weight advantage is not enough for Pac against Marquez at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          I wouldn't say Manny is a wild fighter, but I do think he has a very simple approach which is not really a bad thing there is something to be said for keeping things simple in a fight. It becomes a problem fighting a guy for a 4th time but it is what it is.

What you said is boxing 101, but if he is not already doing that stuff it is not natural for him so he will have to think which to me is not Manny's strength and would hurt him against a guy like JMM (against a different guy it wouldn't matter as much). To me Manny is an instinct guy, he has skills but he is at his best when he uses those skills on an instinctual level if he can't get that stuff on an instinct level before the fight better for him to just do his thing IMO.

As for the holding part, to me that is exactly why he should use that trick but you are right he probably won't do that, still that is a winning plan for me.

Actually, its a little more advance than 101' lol because you are already in the defensive part or countering part of boxing, but still kind of fundamental.

The move cannot be not natural to him, it is the FUNDAMENTAL of boxing defense, Im pretty sure Manny will not have a problem side stepping pivoting. It is a boxing move after all.

Anyways man, im not trying to discredit your point of view, dont get offended im writing in my second language.
          Last edited by woopwoop; 10-29-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            it's hard to adjust after 36 rounds. he's got to hit marquez on the mouth and finish him. he's proven that he can hurt him, but he's got to finish him off.

the rounds are hard for him to win. maybe even impossible now. he shouldn't box a single minute of a single round. he should go out there looking for a knockout. winning the rounds (on a reasonable card,) might be impossible.

pacquiao is getting old. but marquez is getting old, too. it's possible that marquez is going to get put on his butt again, and that he won't be able to get up the way he once could.
            lmfao. that is exactly what jmm wants manny to do.
            Last edited by woopwoop; 10-29-2012, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Manny doesn't have to do anything different. He keeps getting the decisions, so he's doing something right. One thing that became evident in the Bradley fight is that he doesn't seem capable of fighting a full 3 mins of every round anymore. It's his work-rate that gets him the victories against JMM, and if he can't duplicate that intensity in the 4th fight, I think he'll find himself with his first loss in their series.
              Last edited by kiaba360; 10-29-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Don't get too technical, be as unorthodox as he was in the first two fights and continue to attack, even if he's being too predictable.

Comment

just go wild in there. eventually one of his blind punches will catch jmm.

Comment

Originally posted by woopwoop View Post
                    Actually, its a little more advance than 101' lol because you are already in the defensive part or countering part of boxing, but still kind of fundamental.

The move cannot be not natural to him, it is the FUNDAMENTAL of boxing defense, Im pretty sure Manny will not have a problem side stepping pivoting. It is a boxing move after all.

Anyways man, im not trying to discredit your point of view, dont get offended im writing in my second language.
                    I am not offended, and I don't really feel discredited but it is fine to have a different point of view it is an opinion based question. I am more of a JMM fan than a Manny fan but it is an interesting topic.

101 is kind of advanced because that implies an entry level college course, so it is not something a beginner would or should know but a seasoned pro it should be something they know.

Manny is not a bad technical boxer, he is actually a pretty good counter puncher, he knows how to defend himself and if he actually focused on his defense he would probably be a good defensive fighter. However when faced with a better technical fighter which JMM is, trying to match him in that way to me is a mistake.

Who knows though, Manny is a great fighter so if he puts in the proper work (which I would hope he is considering what happened his last two fights) he could make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                      I am not offended, and I don't really feel discredited but it is fine to have a different point of view it is an opinion based question. I am more of a JMM fan than a Manny fan but it is an interesting topic.

101 is kind of advanced because that implies an entry level college course, so it is not something a beginner would or should know but a seasoned pro it should be something they know.

Manny is not a bad technical boxer, he is actually a pretty good counter puncher, he knows how to defend himself and if he actually focused on his defense he would probably be a good defensive fighter. However when faced with a better technical fighter which JMM is, trying to match him in that way to me is a mistake.

Who knows though, Manny is a great fighter so if he puts in the proper work (which I would hope he is considering what happened his last two fights) he could make it work.
                      The bold, well said, as I've been saying, trying to play chess with a chess master was plain stupid. Regardless of how one scored the first two fights, Pacquiao did his thing too, he stood on the attack and didn't give Marquez time to think.

Comment

Working...
                      X