Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Pac and Floyd fans understand PPV dont mean shyt and Ali had 100x their numbers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post

Then you say Floyd was on his knees getting 150,000 pay checks from Gatti? Thats the biggest joke ever. He might not have been a mega star but Floyd was making millions for fights way before Gatti in which he again made way more than 150,000
    In which fights he made millionS before Gatti?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonza View Post
      In which fights he made millionS before Gatti?
      I know he got 1.7mil for Chico and was supposed to get a bigger contract after that fight that pays him atleast 2mil and 3mil in most fights. Against Chop Chop he made 3mil. He turned down a 6 fight 12mil deal before teh Chico fight calling it a slave contract
      Last edited by DLT; 03-26-2012, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
        Tyson was around when PPV was in it's prime.

Please don't come with the illegal cable crap, cause now we have illegal streams which equally hurt PPV numbers.
        I yearn for the days when cable descramblers still worked. Streams are nice to see fights overseas that I normally couldn't, but I still buy PPVs just for the picture quality. There is a 99% chance a stream will suck (gets shut down, audio problems, lag problems, horrible stream quality, etc...)

Having every PPV for boxing, MMA/UFC, pro wrestling (I never cared much for it, but damn more people wanted to watch those at my house than any boxing or ufc). Those were the days man, those were the days.

Comment

I know he got 1.7mil for Chico and was supposed to get a bigger contract after that fight that pays him atleast 2mil and 3mil in most fights. Against Chop Chop he made 3mil. He turned down a 6 fight 12mil deal before teh Chico fight calling it a slave contract
          1.7 mln for Corrales? Whould u show me the source?

Actually, anyway it's significant less the ODLH got for his fights...

Comment

Originally posted by polarcub View Post
            Hear delusional morons actaully saying Pac and Floyd are the biggest draws of all times

Do they understand when Ali fought Shavers half the TVs in the United States was tuned into that fight?

Even if Floyd or PAC do like 6 million a fight their still baby numbers.

Ali vs Foreman had a third of the world audience... compare to Floyd and manny's 1-2 million PPV buys lol

just saying

let's not go crazy with 'the biggest draws of all time' bull****
            This is the dumbest statement of the week! You sir are a complete idiot/ dumb AZZ! FYI the reason half the TVs in the US was tuned into the Ali vs Shavers fight or any other big fight back then was because it was free TV. If folks had to pay to see it the numbers would have been very very low. The fact that millions of people world wide are willing to pay $60 to see Mayweather fight is reason enough to call him the biggest draw of all time. No other PPV event even comes close to Mr HBO aka Money Mayweather! The fact that you do not understand the diffrence between free and PPV is sad. When something is free more will watch, even those that dont give a f#@k! But add a $60 charge and only those that really care are gonna pay,espeacially during a recession. Times are hard these days, unemployment is at an all time high and Mayweather still sells millions of PPV events. Mayweather is the PPV king, numbers dont lie son, stop the hate, and just enjoy watching a living legend put his GOD given talent on display for the world to witness!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonza View Post
              1.7 mln for Corrales? Whould u show me the source?

Actually, anyway it's significant less the ODLH got for his fights...
              i never argued against that. I was speaking of him saying that he was on his knees for 150,000 against Gatti which wasnt true.

Floyd & Oscar are 2 different people. Oscar was also born into glory winning the gold, being mexican, and having the HBO backing from day 1. Thats going to make you a bigger star right off the top.

Floyd felt that Arum was holding him back. He thought he shouldve been a bigger star and making more money. Even though Floyd was a top P4P guy, he never got him a PPV fight til Gatti.

George Foreman during the first JLC fight that one thing is for sure and its that Floyd has his 1st PPV fight in the rematch and Arum still didnt do it. Then magically when Floyd is at the end of his contract, he then gets him the Gatti fight.

Floyd isnt dumb and bought his way out that contract after the fight. Then he left and blew up. No doubt Oscar made him a much bigger star but Oscar still made way more money with Floyd then he ever had in his career, it was Floyd's idea of the 24/7, and Floyd sold that fight much harder than Oscar, not to mention everyone wanted to see Oscar vs the best P4P fighter in the sport.

Meaning, you have to give Floyd some credit for that also. Then they didnt have the rematch because Oscar tried to pimp him like he did in there 1st fight which Floyd said Hell NO to. Alot of guys have told Oscar hell no but they end up making scraps. Floyd said Hell No and went on to put up bigger numbers than Oscar did. You have to give Floyd some credit for that
              Last edited by DLT; 03-26-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

This TS is right on point. PPV sales don't generally mean anything to fans. Back in the days they don't even know what's going on behind the scenes. They don't care. Now fans are more into dickriding than seeing fights. They'd rather justify their idol's ridiculous demands than seeing the fight even after repeatedly saying "my idol will definitely beat yours if they fight". You'd expect that they'd oppose the roadblocks. They'll defend them tooth and nail. It's unbelievable and embarrassing. You'll never see anything like it in your lifetime.

Comment

ali could have sold 240 million ppv's?

Comment

i never argued against that. I was speaking of him saying that he was on his knees for 150,000 against Gatti which wasnt true.

Floyd & Oscar are 2 different people. Oscar was also born into glory winning the gold, being mexican, and having the HBO backing from day 1. Thats going to make you a bigger star right off the top.

Floyd felt that Arum was holding him back. He thought he shouldve been a bigger star and making more money. Even though Floyd was a top P4P guy, he never got him a PPV fight til Gatti.

George Foreman during the first JLC fight that one thing is for sure and its that Floyd has his 1st PPV fight in the rematch and Arum still didnt do it. Then magically when Floyd is at the end of his contract, he then gets him the Gatti fight.

Floyd isnt dumb and bought his way out that contract after the fight. Then he left and blew up. No doubt Oscar made him a much bigger star but Oscar still made way more money with Floyd then he ever had in his career, it was Floyd's idea of the 24/7, and Floyd sold that fight much harder than Floyd, not to mention everyone wanted to see Oscar vs the best P4P fighter in the sport.

Meaning, you have to give Floyd some credit for that also. Then they didnt have the rematch because Oscar tried to pimp him like he did in there 1st fight which Floyd said Hell NO to. Alot of guys have told Oscar hell no but they end up making scraps. Floyd said Hell No and went on to put up bigger numbers than Oscar did. You have to give Floyd some credit for that
                    Agree in general

Comment

ya and back then, 1/3 people had tvs back then and they didnt have **** they have now.

Comment

Working...
                      X