No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Discusses Cotto's Win, Possible Chavez Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant Discusses Cotto's Win, Possible Chavez Fight

The boxing world is still soaking in the aftermath of Miguel Cotto’s polished-boxing display that paved the way towards a 10th round TKO over Antonio Margarito in their anticipated rematch. Inside of Madison Square Garden, Cotto would tag his Tijuana rival with precise counterpunches throughout the fight, busting up Margarito’s surgically-repaired right eye and forcing a stoppage after the ringside physicians on hand had seen enough after nine rounds. [Click Here To Read More]

loks like in a rare sober moment merchant said something credible...Jr will be a handful 4 Cotto physically & w/all his protectors...

Comment

Originally posted by nycsmooth View Post
      loks like in a rare sober moment merchant said something credible...Jr will be a handful 4 Cotto physically & w/all his protectors...
      I hate clowns like you who claim Cotto has been protected. Especially 3 days after he fought the guy he just "couldn't beat"; the guy tailor made to beat him who already had a KO victory against him. Nice logic, numbnuts.

Take a look at his career and the guys he's fought before spewing such nonsense.

I do think JCC Jr. is not an easy opponent for Cotto. People talk about this matchup like JCC Jr. is a little kid. He's been brought up slowly & carefully (um, what you would call "protected") but he's in full bloom right now.
      Last edited by sangresabia; 12-06-2011, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Chavesita will be easy work another cheato with no skill no power but unlike cheato glass jaw cotto will take some rest enjoy the holidays and come back around march to discuss a fight

Comment

Originally posted by sangresabia View Post
          I hate clowns like you who claim Cotto has been protected. Especially 3 days after he fought the guy he just "couldn't beat"; the guy tailor made to beat him who already had a KO victory against him. Nice logic, numbnuts.

Take a look at his career and the guys he's fought before spewing such nonsense.

I do think JCC Jr. is not an easy opponent for Cotto. People talk about this matchup like JCC Jr. is a little kid. He's been brought up slowly & carefully (um, what you would call "protected") but he's in full bloom right now.
          I think he was talking about Chavez' protectors not Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by dorruel2.0 View Post
            I think he was talking about Chavez' protectors not Cotto
            lol yeh i think so too...

Comment

Why do these guy's keep calling for a fight that should of happen 4 5 even 6 years ago? Mayweather vs Cotto? GET REAL... no way Floyd moves up having already won the MW title, and at 147 there's nothing more to even talk about because he's definitely NOT beating Floyd at that weight, If Cotto wasn't ready for Floyd 5 years ago when Cotto was in his PRIME and much more aggressive and relentless then how is he ready now 4-5 toll-taking wars later and past his prime? Too me that ship has sailed Cotto was much better when he was 25 26 maybe they think Floyd is past it? IDK but at 147 maybe late 2012 im sure Floyd would have no problem proving that and ending Cottos career after Manny's ...

Comment

Hold fast...........

Just want to say a couple of things. Based on what does FLOYD beat COTTO? All of COTTO's strengths are FLOYD's weaknesses. I'm tired of so called fans under-estimating other fighters who's name isn't FLOYD MAYNEVER or MANNY PACQUIAO. There are other fighters who can beat anyone at any giving time, like COTTO, BERTO, KHAN. COTTO has always wanted to fight FLOYD and now is the time. If the fight happens now, it's a great fight. COTTO is better than ever now because of the lessons learned in past fights. His defense never been as tight, he's smarter, and he knows his strengths. I hope he gets a rematch with MANNY so people can see what a hydrated fighter can do without a catch-weight. He would stretch MANNY out.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                  Why do these guy's keep calling for a fight that should of happen 4 5 even 6 years ago? Mayweather vs Cotto? GET REAL... no way Floyd moves up having already won the MW title, and at 147 there's nothing more to even talk about because he's definitely NOT beating Floyd at that weight, If Cotto wasn't ready for Floyd 5 years ago when Cotto was in his PRIME and much more aggressive and relentless then how is he ready now 4-5 toll-taking wars later and past his prime? Too me that ship has sailed Cotto was much better when he was 25 26 maybe they think Floyd is past it? IDK but at 147 maybe late 2012 im sure Floyd would have no problem proving that and ending Cottos career after Manny's ...
                  Nah man, Cotto is a way better boxer now than he used to be. Some guys peak around this age, Pac and Floyd still at the top obviously. Big issue with ur arguments about wars is that many fighters go through them and reign supreme, look at Pac, his road to the top has not been easy. And that stuff about him not being relentless and as aggressive may be true to a degree but dont get it twisted, he was fighting guys a lot smaller back in the day and it was before some mental issues that he's since cleared up. It was easier work. Some of you Floyd fans swear that he is some God, invincible. You must be American. Cotto would give that man problems and you won't hear me say he scrapes him but Cotto stands a chance, as does Pac. Your boy was given a gift vs Castillo the first fight, he not undefeated in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                    Just want to say a couple of things. Based on what does FLOYD beat COTTO? All of COTTO's strengths are FLOYD's weaknesses. I'm tired of so called fans under-estimating other fighters who's name isn't FLOYD MAYNEVER or MANNY PACQUIAO. There are other fighters who can beat anyone at any giving time, like COTTO, BERTO, KHAN. COTTO has always wanted to fight FLOYD and now is the time. If the fight happens now, it's a great fight. COTTO is better than ever now because of the lessons learned in past fights. His defense never been as tight, he's smarter, and he knows his strengths. I hope he gets a rematch with MANNY so people can see what a hydrated fighter can do without a catch-weight. He would stretch MANNY out.
                    I'm a big fan but I don't know, Cotto should go take out the other guys first - Canelo, winner of Jr. Vs. Martinez. He is really the best Jr. Middleweight in the world, I do not say anyone outclassing or KO'ing him there.

Comment

Working...
                    X