Collapse
No announcement yet.

What bothers me most about Jay-Z is....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What bothers me most about Jay-Z is....

Has nothin to do with his music, between his catalog and his impact a solid argument can be made as to why hes the goat, although hes borderline top 5 on my list

Some rappers have complained about his job when he was president of def jam, i think he takes too much heat for this because the past 5 years have been bad for rappers that dont sing (method man, joe budden, beans, freeway, etc.) Although i dont like some of his business moves, i can deal with it...i mean, maybe a couple of rappers shoulda got some more money with him, and maybe hes not the most loyal dude, but thats fine, hes made alotta good music.

So my biggest problem with Jay-Z is....

Well its not really with Jay-Z, its with his fans/stans/camel warriors/nuthuggers or whatever you wanna call them.

And im not talkin about anyone on here, im talkin about what i see all over the internet.

Alotta his fans or stans act like hes more mature now, like hes grown up and too old to respond when another rapper disses him.

Jay-Z has been on his high horse lately, which i think is funny, i love what hes been doing and im a fan of Blueprint 3.

But how they gonna act like hes no longer droppin subliminals? Almost every song on BP3 has at least one subliminal dissing another rapper.

"I was gonna kill a couple rappers but they did it to themselves"

aimed at dipset, mainly camron for those that dont know.

"It's like when *****z make subliminal records,If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it”

I know this line is old, but I just had to bring this up. The irony here is the song where this line came from he was dissing the game...with subliminals

On DOA he disses Lil Wayne "I might send this to the mixtape Weezy"

On the song Reminder...."Tell these ordinary Joes to Budden up"

We already broke down "A Star is Born"

And ok, so some people thought i was reachin with that thread but theres no way that at least a couple of those lines weren't subliminals...lets not be niave here, they dont call jay-z the master of the double entendre for nothin.

So how is Jay-Z as a rapper, more mature now and grown up? Hes been similar to the way hes always been since he came back out of retirement, he wasted no time by throwin subliminals at the game on the prelude...1st track on kingdom come

So now i ask is Jay-Z really to grown to respond to rappers dissin him? lol I can understand Game and Jimmy, but Cams "u gotta love it" diss deserved more then a couple of subliminals as a response in my opinion.

I dont think he should get a pass when rappers diss him because hes older and more mature, and i think i made my point. He sounds like a big kid on Blueprint 3 just havin fun, which is fine to me. Again, BP3 keeps growin on me...jay did his thing on that and i love American Gangster.

And one more thing, his stans act like hes very accomplished when it comes to battling other rappers and i honestly dont know where this comes from. He lost to Nas but to his credit his diss on BP2 was probably his best diss ever, even though i think it gets a little bit too much credit at times. Who else did he battle? It was Beans that used to fight his battles for him and do all the dirty work. I dont think he wanted to battle Jadakiss. Hes thrown alotta subliminals at many different rappers, but who else did he really battle? In the eye of the majority, he did beat mobb deep...and in my opinion, people only feel that way because he outswagged them but some of the things he said were contradictions. And how much should that count for, since most of his fans believe that mobb deep was garbage at that point?

So thats the end of my little rant. Alotta his stans honestly disgust me with their nuthuggin and biased views. I shouldnt pay attention to it but it does get annoying, it seems like he gets more passes from his fans then any other rapper, except maybe 2pac (RIP).

This is not in anyway a Jay-Z hate thread, its more of a Jay-Z stan hate thread. Jay is a great rapper, it can be argued that hes the best ever, but i am just amazed by his fans and stans at times. Its incredible.

Yeah Jay is definitiely on his high horse. And because he's in the position he is in now he can throw subliminals and be fine with it. If he's above battling someone he shouldn't throw shots at them indirectly.

Comment

I dont like that New York song. Overrated.

Comment

"I might send this to the mixtape Weezy."

That always struck me as a diss line.

Comment

yea because alotta internet fans like his mixtapes more then his albums...i cant really speak on people i know, i dont know that many wayne fans. I always see the Drought 2 and 3, Dedication 2, and Carter 3 Leak gettin brought up on other sites. I cant remember what i thought of the drought 2 but drought 3 and all them other ones are really good. I think thats some of his best work.

Comment

do you think that he is just unable at this point to come up with proper diss tracks directed at specific artists? or can he do it, and he just choses not to?

Comment

lol. gold mac made me break my bet. i still aint selling my friend my xbox 360 though. LOL

I don't think his fans think hes too grown/old to respond, I just think they feel like hes too big to respond. What does Jay have to prove? Hes done it all in his career, as far as things that matter go. In 20 years people will remember Jay-Z for his longevity/success and albums rather than beefs he didn't respond to. Atleast thats how I feel.
              Last edited by Truth; 11-02-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

LOL Truth, what was that 3 days?

Comment

homie, i couldnt make it^ lol

Comment

Originally posted by MegStarr* View Post
                    do you think that he is just unable at this point to come up with proper diss tracks directed at specific artists? or can he do it, and he just choses not to?
                    I just dont think jay really cares. hes got half a billy, he can do what he wants. And his career(discography, accomplishments) is so thorough, it doesnt really matter to most. i dont think people outside of the internet care about jay not responding/subliminals etc. Jay's legacy is secure for the rest of time. Jay just performed at the world series...hes having fun.
                    Last edited by Truth; 11-02-2009, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X