No announcement yet.

Latinos chasing blacks out of Compton

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxingfan_123 View Post
    When i use to live in so cal in the 90's my high school gave students a book to educate them on all the different types of gangs. I remember when the asians and mexicans were going at it in long beach i think it was trg's vs east side longos they were killing innocent people just because of their race they didn't have anything to do with being part of gang!!!
    long beach 90's is the closest it probably got to a race war and even then it really wasn't.

it was still gang related.

what happened is the harbor area peace treaty plus the fact longos dominated long beach.

back before the peace treaty east side longos and west side longos were enemies and separate.

each had their own set of asian and black rivals. for example ESL was fighting TRG and Asian Boyz but WSL was not. while WSL had their own rivals themselves on their side of town.

when the peace treaty came along they took on each others rivals which was pretty much everyone else left in long beach.
    Last edited by Left Hook Tua; 01-28-2013, 02:40 AM.

Comment

When i use to live in so cal in the 90's my high school gave students a book to educate them on all the different types of gangs. I remember when the asians and mexicans were going at it in long beach i think it was trg's vs east side longos they were killing innocent people just because of their race they didn't have anything to do with being part of gang!!!
      and the asians and hispanics weren't really killing innocent ppl intentionally though a lot non-bangers were killed.

90's the cholo dress style was in with even non bangers.

you could hardly tell a tagger or party crew member from a gang member.

the asian gang members were killing a lot of taggers mistaking them for longos.

longos on the other hand didn't realize how few asian gang members there were. they had a hard time finding them so they would run into asian kids that were not gang members.

Comment

how about some pinoy gangs in la?

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          and the asians and hispanics weren't really killing innocent ppl intentionally though a lot non-bangers were killed.

90's the cholo dress style was in with even non bangers.

you could hardly tell a tagger or party crew member from a gang member.

the asian gang members were killing a lot of taggers mistaking them for longos.

longos on the other hand didn't realize how few asian gang members there were. they had a hard time finding them so they would run into asian kids that were not gang members.
          Got a damn historian in this thread setting the record strait. Respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Richardson View Post
            most pinoy gangs died out in the 90's.

there's still some left but not like the 70's-90's when a lot of filipinos lived in like rampart, echo park, westlake in central l.a. which were poorer back then and gang areas.

the first pinoy gang members were from those areas either the pinoys from TEMPLE STREET 13(old mexican/pinoy gang from the 1920's) or SATANAS (pinoy gang who broke off from TEMPLE in the 70's)

believe it or not those pinoy gangs first/worst rivals at the time was 18TH STREET which sounds weird now because 18TH became the largest gang in L.A.

Comment

It's actually been this way for a while now. Most of South Central LA is majority Latino. Did people still think Compton was like 90% African American?

Black gangs were weak in those sets and they got taxed for it.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                Maybe..... but where are they migrating to?
                Lower income neighborhoods are slowly expanding. When I was young, Paramount was mostly Mexican and Whites with some blacks. Now there are way less white people, more blacks and tons of Mexicans. In Lakewood, it used to mostly be whites with only some Mexicans and some blacks when I was younger. Now there are a lot more blacks and Mexicans than there ever were before. I have an old year book from 1960 and about 99% of the kids in that School were white. In fact, South Central LA used to be mostly white back in the 40's.

Comment

The only place I know where there are a lot of Filipino's is in Carson CA. There might be some Pinoy gangs there.

Comment

Yeah, I've met a Cambodian dude who told me all about the race wars back in Long Beach.

He said the Mexicans would target Asians because they looked different from them, so they had to start forming gangs to defend themselves.

Comment

They're too busy talking about Floyd on the internet

Comment

Working...
                      X