Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winner of Strikeforce HW Tournament vs UFC Champ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spazz View Post
    I really think Silvas combination of big head, no defense, and slothlike speed made Cormiers striking look a lot better than it really is.
    Could be. But he easily destroyed someone who he was expected to lose to, and he did it using an approach that didn't favour his base style. We shouldn't rush to proclaim him a future great or anything, but it is pretty impressive.
    Last edited by Clegg; 09-14-2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spazz View Post
      I really think Silvas combination of big head, no defense, and slothlike speed made Cormiers striking look a lot better than it really is.
      To an extent of course, but that's not what was impressive. Watch the boy come up. You'll see the biggest jump is with Bigfoot. He's always an excellent wrestler, but his striking been developing greatly. Of course no one's saying he's a great striker, just that he's a vastly improved striker. Same can't be said for Brock. I don't feel like Danny's even ready for Roy Nelson let alone the upper tier of the UFC. I just think Brock himself has nothing for Daniel, and with his beating of Antonio he's earned a spot in the top ten outside the UFC.

Comment

I would say so if Overeem would have stayed in it. Really Barnett is most likely to win it, and he hasn't really beaten anybody to really warrant a shot at the UFC champ when he does spank Cormier.

Especially when Overeem rapes lesnar, then you know their will be high demand for Overeem vs winner of Cain-Dos Santos.

Comment

Daniel Cormier will win Strikeforce tournament. Josh Barnett has the experience but so did Mikkel Kessler against Andre Ward in boxing. Didn't work out so well. Cormier will win this. Personally, I do think Cain Velasquez would beat him.

Comment

I don't know that I'm ready to say Josh's experience will be trumped by Danny, and I fully expect Barnett to have the upper hands in stand up. DC's a great wrestler, but I'm not sure he's 100% acclimated to MMA's special brand.

Comment

Josh Barnett might have the stand-up clocked a little bit better due to his experience. But, he better not let DC take him down. There's a chance he won't get to take him down. All speculation anyhow won't know for sure for a handicap until the final staredown before the bell.

Comment

Barnett basically has to outstrike Cormier to win imo. I don't see him taking DC down, although Cormier may take him down. Barnett does have good hands and knees, but his defense is pretty bad and he gets caught a lot. If Barnett does manage to get on top it would likely be bad news for Cormier, but he won't have an easy time getting there. Barnett obviously has a big experience edge and a good chance to win the fight, but the way I see it is that Barnett is going to be pigeon holed into being forced to outstrike Cormier in order to win. This means that if Cormier gets the upper hand striking and puts Barnett in trouble, Barnett probably won't have anything to fall back on. Cormier will also have a difficult time getting Barnett down, and Barnett is still dangerous from his back, and also has sweeps, but I think Cormier will have a bit more control over where the fight ends up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  Barnett basically has to outstrike Cormier to win imo. I don't see him taking DC down, although Cormier may take him down. Barnett does have good hands and knees, but his defense is pretty bad and he gets caught a lot. If Barnett does manage to get on top it would likely be bad news for Cormier, but he won't have an easy time getting there. Barnett obviously has a big experience edge and a good chance to win the fight, but the way I see it is that Barnett is going to be pigeon holed into being forced to outstrike Cormier in order to win. This means that if Cormier gets the upper hand striking and puts Barnett in trouble, Barnett probably won't have anything to fall back on. Cormier will also have a difficult time getting Barnett down, and Barnett is still dangerous from his back, and also has sweeps, but I think Cormier will have a bit more control over where the fight ends up.
                  Barnett hung with Prime Nog's boxing so I don't think Cormier is anything special with just a little more power. But Barnett has power of his own and Cormiers chin hasn't really been tested.

Comment

I know. Because he's that damn good. So far anyways.

Comment

Working...
                    X