Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly, is there anyone in here who doesn't see SRR as the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=JAB5239;5828842]
    Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post

There were less weights, less titles and more fighters which equals tougher competition.
    Also people forget that fighters did not give their body's time to recuperate. Some would fight with cuts sustained from previous fight that hadn't healed yet. after having multiple fights ina few months even the best fighters would lose to the occasional bum. Ffs had Floyd mayweathers rib injury in sparring been a real fight he would have lost, and he got injured by an armature.

Comment

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
      It's funny that one can make a proclamation after reading an article
      It's funny how you can talk when you only started following boxing last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
        man , ray had like 6 inches on henry.

plus it was near the end of henry's career.

henry was like 30 something already. in those days that was old for boxing.
        Armstrong was indeed an old 30 years of age having been through many wars but he was still the number 1 ranked WW contender and had recently defeated LW champ Sammy Angott, top LW contender Willie Joyce, former WW champ Fritzie Zivic, LWW champ Tippy Larkin and LW champ Juan Zurita.

I'd say that beating that Henry Armstrong was about as good as beating the post-layoff Ray Robinson. Not exactly in his prime but still a capable fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          I had to throw him in since you're always on his nuts
          This thread is getting ugly!

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
            First of all you are a groupie. Second of all your named Cottofanatic, and thirdlly, are you saying I can not have a particular opion based on what I have seen from what is available, and read in detail just because I was no present during a specific era.

With that logic I shouldn't take the historians word about the Ottoman and Roman empires right, since there is no video footage.
            history is just detailing on what happened in the past. it doesnt compare eras saying this era or empire is better than the last. it just tells you what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
              Armstrong was indeed an old 30 years of age having been through many wars but he was still the number 1 ranked WW contender and had recently defeated LW champ Sammy Angott, top LW contender Willie Joyce, former WW champ Fritzie Zivic, LWW champ Tippy Larkin and LW champ Juan Zurita.

I'd say that beating that Henry Armstrong was about as good as beating the post-layoff Ray Robinson. Not exactly in his prime but still a capable fighter.
              Co-sign. .

Comment

• Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
                It's funny how you can talk when you only started following boxing last year.

did i hurt your feelings here

Comment

• Originally posted by flipbjefrox View Post
                  history is just detailing on what happened in the past. it doesnt compare eras saying this era or empire is better than the last. it just tells you what happened.
                  Yeah, there's no such thing as being able to formulate a hypothesis based on the available info.

Until you can name me someone who went 130-1 in ANY era, you are just another bombastic *******.

Comment

• UPDATE- Jack D ****** is browsing youtube for srr footage

Comment

• Originally posted by JACK D. RIPPER View Post
                      Yeah, there's no such thing as being able to formulate a hypothesis based on the available info.

Until you can name me someone who went 130-1 in ANY era, you are just another bombastic *******.
                      idk will max boxing provide me with an article

Comment

Working...
                      X