No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Expects Tactical Fight in The Early Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire Expects Tactical Fight in The Early Rounds

WBO super bantamweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire expects a tactical fight early on in his unification title bout against WBA champion and former Cuban two-time Olympic gold medalist Guillermo “The Jackal” Rigondeaux at the historic Radio City Music Hall in New York on Saturday – Sunday morning in Manila.

The fight will be telecast by ABS-CBN Sports over Channel 2 with a "live" pay per view telecast over SkyCable and The Filipino Channel with replays on Studio 23 and the cable sports channel, Balls.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rigo won't be willing to go beyond that
    Nonito can counter, so he can win the boxing match
    but it's on him to both box and make his power count
    if it stays purely tactical, the fight will suck
    Rigo will do his best to ensure that
    Nonito has to use the right more in this fight
    put some hurt on Rigo and take his heart
    expecting Rigo to be on the run once it gets to the mid rds

Comment

Just a few more days...

Comment

as long as the fight goes on.

Comment

rigondeaux kot to donaire in 6 o7 round

Comment

Donaire still has to cut 7 pounds. Rigo has been at 121 for a while now. I wonder if it'll make any difference in the fighters' performances. I'm glad my horse has been under the limit for some time. I want "El Chacal" to feel strong for the fight of his life.

Comment

it's gonna be a tactical fight all the way to the 12. let's not kid ourselves. Donaire is just trying to lower expectations a little bit whilst selling the fight

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Donaire still has to cut 7 pounds. Rigo has been at 121 for a while now. I wonder if it'll make any difference in the fighters' performances.
                I was wondering why Nonito was working out yesterday since fighters usually rest the last week before a fight but now I guess we know why....he is still trying to make the weight.

That is a disturbing sign.

Comment

So now if anyone you think is the best **** ever looses the other guy must be Roiding? how about they where never **** to begin with?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    Rigo won't be willing to go beyond that
                    Nonito can counter, so he can win the boxing match
                    but it's on him to both box and make his power count
                    if it stays purely tactical, the fight will suck
                    Rigo will do his best to ensure that
                    Nonito has to use the right more in this fight
                    put some hurt on Rigo and take his heart
                    expecting Rigo to be on the run once it gets to the mid rds
                    you're right, but when the right is thrown(atleast to the head) it's when rigo's cross comes in as simultaneous offense&defense, donaire will have to be real careful throwing that punch, esspecialy leaping in or looking to punch right through rigo, could easily have him flying into a rib crunching left uppercut

he should keep rigo right at the end of his right hand and keep it's focus mainly to the body, the headshot i still think his safest bet is the left hook, which he'll have to bring on rigo after some fleet footed circling to avoid coming directly down the pipe, which he does usually

Comment

Working...
                    X