Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone feel 2012 was a great year for Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone feel 2012 was a great year for Boxing?

IMO, I felt Boxing was not doing great in 2008, 09, 10 and towards 2011 it started to pick up again.

Rios v Alvarado, Mayweather v Cotto, Pac v Marquez 4, Khan v Garcia, Ortiz vs Lopez, Canelo vs Mosley, Guerrero v Berto, Martinez v Chavez, Haye v Chisora and others.

The emergence of Canelo, Garcia, Trout and the continual dominance of Ward, Klit and Mayweather. We got Price and Fury coming out of the UK in the heavyweight division, Klits selling out huge arenas in Europe, Pac vs Bradley was pretty disappointing regarding outcome and how the fight played out.

Wlad vs Povetkin, Mayweather vs Canelo, Khan vs Garcia 2, Froch vs Kessler 2 and a **** load of other potential match ups to look forward to in 2013.

UFC was getting a real push between 2008/2010 and it felt like they honestly had the potential to take over Boxing globally very soon but honestly due to injuries and the old guard just getting beat/retiring it does not seem to be the case anymore. Once Silva/GSP retire, they only really have Jones who sells well tbh.

Boxing is here to stay ladies and gents.

it was an amazing year

Comment

Great, great year for boxing. Full of drama and upsets!

Comment

I enjoyed it!

Comment

it was f0cking lame...worst year ever

Comment

It was one hell of a year compared to 2011 and 2010 which had the networks kissing Arum a**. TR would put b.s cards and we had to deal with it. Now HBO makes Arum put some good cards or they will just deal with GBP like Showtime does. Showtime will not pay for Arum b.s fights on their network which is good for boxing.

Comment

It was a great year, despite two of my favorite fighters losing twice.

Comment

Canello vs Mosley? Really?

Anyway, It has been a decent year. Hopefully things will continue to pick up, more fights we want will happen, promoters won't be such cowards, network TV will pick up more, and the sport can grow a better business model. I can dream, can't I?

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post
                  IMO, I felt Boxing was not doing great in 2008, 09, 10 and towards 2011 it started to pick up again.

Rios v Alvarado, Mayweather v Cotto, Pac v Marquez 4, Khan v Garcia, Ortiz vs Lopez, Canelo vs Mosley, Guerrero v Berto, Martinez v Chavez, Haye v Chisora and others.

The emergence of Canelo, Garcia, Trout and the continual dominance of Ward, Klit and Mayweather. We got Price and Fury coming out of the UK in the heavyweight division, Klits selling out huge arenas in Europe, Pac vs Bradley was pretty disappointing regarding outcome and how the fight played out.

Wlad vs Povetkin, Mayweather vs Canelo, Khan vs Garcia 2, Froch vs Kessler 2 and a **** load of other potential match ups to look forward to in 2013.

UFC was getting a real push between 2008/2010 and it felt like they honestly had the potential to take over Boxing globally very soon but honestly due to injuries and the old guard just getting beat/retiring it does not seem to be the case anymore. Once Silva/GSP retire, they only really have Jones who sells well tbh.

this was never the case possibly in america it was close to losing the throne but globally no way

Comment

Originally posted by hayZ View Post

For Marquez it sure was, not for Berto got his A$$ handed by two former lightweights. I guess Berto is the new stepping stone to fight Floyd

Comment

Working...
                    X