Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Anybody Here Studying Engineering Or Computer Science?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Anybody Here Studying Engineering Or Computer Science?

I was wondering if anybody here is studying either Engineering or Computer Science. I don't care what kind of Engineering, since the core classes are the same. It would be cool to talk about class material or help each other out with concepts and stuff. I have been taking classes for Civil Engineering and Computer Science. Math is cool, too. I plan on taking Circuit Analysis, Physics III, Additional Topics in Linear Algebra, and Assembly Language. It would be nice to hear if some of you dudes have taken these classes already. I took Statics and Chemistry this semester. I did not like Chemistry, it was boring and I didn't understand any of it. I liked Statics since you learn things like support reactions, trusses, frames and machines, etc. Virtual work was ****ing weird and I didn't even bother learning that ****. That's why I am excited to go back to engineering, physics, and computer science since those classes are interesting.

This is why statics is important....

I presume you are taking CE.

Comment

I study computer science, I dont be on here much but I'll try contribute to this thread whenever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
        I study computer science, I dont be on here much but I'll try contribute to this thread whenever possible.
        Have you taken Assembly? I have taken C++, Visual Basic, Visual Basic & C#, and Data Structures in C++. I would like to take C# & Java.
        Last edited by Null; 12-13-2012, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
          I presume you are taking CE.
          Yes. That's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
            Have you taken Assembly?
            Nah man, just finished first semester of first year,
            working with java at the moment, starting math next semester.

Comment

Yes. That's correct.
              Chemistry is just a minor requirement and statics is what you will use in your kind of engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
                Nah man, just finished first semester of first year,
                working with java at the moment, starting math next semester.
                I have taken C++, Visual Basic, Visual Basic & C#, and Data Structures in C++. I would like to take C# & Java. For math, I still need Discrete Math & Graph theory, but have to wait till next year to take it. I have taken all my engineering math, though.

Comment

I have taken C++, Visual Basic, Visual Basic & C#, and Data Structures in C++. I would like to take C# & Java. For math, I still need Discrete Math & Graph theory, but have to wait till next year to take it. I have taken all my engineering math, though.
                  If you can do C++ java will be easy for you, pretty much the same.

I'd like to do phython outside of college, come to think of it I have done a small bit of Assembly in my computer architecture class.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
                    Chemistry is just a minor requirement and statics is what you will use in your kind of engineering.
                    I know, I understand Chemistry is really important. It might be one of the most important subjects a school offers. However, it was not my cup of tea, I didn't really enjoy it. It was my first time realizing that each science discipline will train your brain to think a certain way. I guess I have been trained the Physics way, and I just feel like you have to memorize too much stuff for Chemistry. I literally have like the worst memory ever. I am going to buy some brain training books, like to exercise my brain with puzzles and stuff. I like that stuff. Maybe later I will give Chemistry a chance. I like all sciences.

Comment

Working...
                    X