No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Lopez Sellout Crowd Pulls in $1.6 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Lopez Sellout Crowd Pulls in $1.6 Million

This past Saturday’s junior middleweight world title bout between Canelo Alvarez and Josesito Lopez had more than 14,000 people in attendance and brought in more than $1.6 million in ticket sales, according to figures provided by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

[Click Here To Read More]

not bad considering it was a **** main-event

Comment

there were so many Mexicans on the strip this weekend that it wasn't hard to sell tickets.. a lot of people who couldn't go to the Martinez vs Chavez settled for Canelo vs Lopez which wasn't a bad card at all, just not a great Main Event.

great money over all or the city though. they should have two competing cards every year on Mexican Independence. not good for boxing fans.. but good for our wallets for those who live here. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sin City View Post
        there were so many Mexicans on the strip this weekend that it wasn't hard to sell tickets.. a lot of people who couldn't go to the Martinez vs Chavez settled for Canelo vs Lopez which wasn't a bad card at all, just not a great Main Event.

great money over all or the city though. they should have two competing cards every year on Mexican Independence. not good for boxing fans.. but good for our wallets for those who live here. lol
        What I would prefer to see is a Vegas-based FNF show, followed by a good Sat night PPV-type event

Comment

Boxing is building positive momentum right now. Canelos rock star status is expanding. Wish Cotto didn't take Trout fight because we wouldve had Cotto Canelo in December.

Comment

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
            What I would prefer to see is a Vegas-based FNF show, followed by a good Sat night PPV-type event
            we had a Friday Night Fights headlined by Jessie Vargas, but it was on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              This past Saturday’s junior middleweight world title bout between Canelo Alvarez and Josesito Lopez had more than 14,000 people in attendance and brought in more than $1.6 million in ticket sales, according to figures provided by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

[Click Here To Read More]
              I was at the Canelo vs. Lopez fight and there was a lot people with Boxing Fraternity shirts. I was told Boxing Fraternity clothing is for Boxing Fans. They were pretty sick shirts.

Comment

I was at the Canelo vs. Lopez fight and there was a lot people with Boxing Fraternity shirts. I was told Boxing Fraternity clothing is for Boxing Fans. They were pretty sick shirts.

Comment

Canelo fan base wil get bigger,Needs to learn english tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexica06 View Post
                    Don't know about the designs, but that name is just..... might as well call it Boxing Secret Society if they're all about quality.

Comment

Working...
                    X