Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Porter: We Faced Bigger Punchers Than Kell Brook!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Porter: We Faced Bigger Punchers Than Kell Brook!

Last week Kell Brook's trainer Dominic Ingle stated that IBF welterweight champion Shawn Porter is a good fighter but that he hadn't faced anyone with the power that Brook has. Ingle was mostly referencing Porter's past two opponents Paulie Malignaggi and Devon Alexander.

BoxingScene.com recently spoke to Ken Porter, who is the father and trainer of Shawn Porter, to get his reaction to Ingle's comments.

Porter found Ingle's remarks amusing and reeled off the names of some of the fighters that his son beat in the amateur ranks. Shawn fought at higher weights as an amateur and the names that his father listed all compete anywhere from 154 pounds to 175 pounds as professionals.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think there's a difference between amateur and pro and 12oz gloves and 8 oz gloves.

That being said, Porter looks like a guy who can take a punch so I don't expect that to be a problem. In the pros, I think Kell is up there with the hardest punchers he's faced for sure.

Comment

I don't think Brook will stop him, but by night's end, Porter will know Kell can punch.

Comment

Porter use to spar Pacquiao, nuff said

Comment

Big gloves and headgear doesn't count, a ton of the power is taken out of punches.

Brook has very good power at 147 and the jab is terrific, Porter will feel that jab every time it lands.

Comment

This is going to be a repeat of Brian Rose vs Demetrius Andrade

Sucks, I wish Kell could pull it off but I just have little faith on him being capable of beating Porter...

Comment

Brook does have good power tbf, it's probably his best attribute.

Comment

Kell is in for a rude awakening.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post
                  Kell is in for a rude awakening.
                  Tell me about it. The majority of this thread is about how Porter will deal with the power of Brook as if Porter is stepping up in class fighting Brook? Making it sound as if Brook is the monster Porter should be scared of?

But isn't Porter supposed to be the champ and people wondering how well Brook will cope with Porters power?

Who hits harder, Porter or Brook?

Comment

Pretty impressive amatuer list of wins IMO. Considering these guys fight at a higher weigh class as pros.

Comment

Working...
                    X