No announcement yet.

Mayweather vs. Cotto post fight Thread -DON'T make new threads about the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really want to know what was going thru his mind
    since he never has walked away after a fight...

Still Team Cotto...

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Round 1-10-9 Floyd based on activity alone. Definitely a feel out round
      Round 2-10-9 Miguel he didn't land anything too clean on the ropes but he landed enough to win the round
      Round 3-10-9 Floyd he damn near dominted this round. Cotto landed 3 clean jabs and everthing else was rolled or blocked. Wow what great defense.
      Round 4-10-9 Floyd more domination. He landed some clean right hads and his defesne is still trump tight(watching this live I though that was all she wrote for Miguel)
      Round 5-10-9 Mayweather. Kudos to Cotto for ****ing BRINGING IT. He is fighting hard but even on the roped Floyd rolls and blocks all the punches and lands cleaner ones of his own.
      Round 6-10-9 CottoThat circling left hook was the stuff of legends.
      Round 7-10-9 Mayweather Based on activity and he landed th cleaner shots(watch the fight on mute the bias by Lampley in this round made me want to smack the screen)
      Round 8-

On a side note just being "in" a round with Floyd is a shock to HBO announcers. They bash him and bash him but treat him like the God of boxing. Weird as hell.
      Floyd didn't come anywhere close to dominating the third and his facial expressions say a lot about what actually happened. Cotto landed some good jabs and did solid work to the body (that landed). Just rewatched it and thought Floyd landed some nice rights in the first half of the round, but it was ultimately Cotto's frame.

Originally posted by JoeyNumbers View Post
      I don't care how much Floyd stans try and convince themeselves that Floyd won... He looked like **** last night. period.
      Floyd looked fine. This is silly. he was in with a determined guy who happens to be one of the best of this era. Guys like that are supposed to be tough. Floyd digging to pull away late was awesome stuff. Both men were commendable last night.
      Last edited by crold1; 05-06-2012, 02:28 PM.

Comment

• I was born and raised in PR, I was definitely rooting for cotto last night and he has nothing to be ashamed off he fought about as good a fight against floyd as anybody has and made him work but floyd is on another level and won that fight, floyd controlled the championship rounds and could of actually ended it in the 12th. he had cotto seriously hurt but let him off. just keeping it real good job by cotto making floyd earn it but floyd clearly won..

Comment

• Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          Wait wait wait wait. You gave Cotto Round 3. I JUST watched round 3. Cotto landed 3 punches. ALL JABS. But he won that round? Unreal hatred.
          I just re-watched the third round after reading your post and I have to say...
          It was a slow round for BOTH fighters, but how the hell do you give Floyd that round? He did nothing significant. Also, FYI, Cotto landed more than 3 punches. He landed jabs, body punches...many were blocked, but he LANDED more than Floyd did. He even countered Floyd on some occasions. Most of Floyd shenanigans were blocked. Again, slow round for both, edge to Cotto, but somehow, point given to Floyd. WHAT? HOW? Because he's Floyd that's why.....totally unfair.
          Last edited by mudpunch; 05-06-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            Really want to know what was going thru his mind

Still Team Cotto...
            Walked away after the Margarito loss.

Comment

• FOTY just caz she was there in that dress

Comment

• Simple Gamboa is a vendepatria and Solis is a patriota.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                  Really want to know what was going thru his mind

Still Team Cotto...
                  He walked out after Margacheato smashed him up with loaded wraps. He did that AFTER he had congratulated Margs and anyway with the state of his face u couldnt blame him.....

Last night i felt he was gutted and pissed about the decision and more specifically the wide scoring

Comment

• Pedro Diaz wasn't in the ring with him but
                    he deserves much credit...
                    Cotto proved a lot for been so call, "left over"
                    Cotto was in attack mode the whole fight...
                    much respect to Cotto
                    and Floyd for the war I saw...

In Still Team Cotto...

Comment

• I gave him 2 rounds........

Round 6 and 8. Hell give Cotto round 2 if you have to.

Thats still 9-3. Floyd CLEARLY won the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X