No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Emanuel Steward on The Cotto Split, Margarito Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Emanuel Steward on The Cotto Split, Margarito Rematch

On Tuesday, it was officially announced by Miguel Cotto that he would be working with a new trainer for his upcoming December 3rd rematch against Antonio Margarito, set to take place at Madison Square Garden in New York. The man tabbed for that coveted role will be Cuban trainer Pedro Luis Diaz Benitez, who happens to be a Doctor in Pedagogical Sciences while holding a Master’s in sports training and a Major in Physical Culture and Sports.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good to see they went out on good terms. I would have still preferred Cotto with steward but the replacement seems to be good anyway.

Comment

Well - Miguel Cotto is an over the hill fighter.

Comment

That`s all nonsense and not true. The truth is they split about the purse - read Dan Rafael`s article on espn.com. Steward was fired by many fighters because he wants more tha he deserves.Ask Holyfield,DeLaHoya, Chavez.....now Cotto - could even be that with Dawson was the same issue.

Comment

Oh thats wat it was dam I like steward and cotto was paying him good I guess he likes announcing more

Comment

Both, Cotto and Steward, are not being upfront about the whole situation. But it's pretty clear who the shady character is here... the one who had this happen with others fighter as well. Emmanuel is a punk biotch.

Comment

After getting dropped by Dawson and Cotto in the same month, Steward lost his 2 of his biggest paydays for this year. I wonder if it's simply an issue of him asking for way too much money or is there more to it?

Comment

Emmanuel is a hall of fame trainer but I believe it is money, scheduling conflicts, etc. lots of factors leading to the split

Comment

Good move by Cotto. The Cuban seems to have a lot of credentials which Cotto could use. Plus I'm sure the Cuban's expertise will be a lot cheaper than Steward's fees.

I think Pacquiao should review the cost of keeping Roach. It seems a lot of boxers have changed coaches in their career. Pacman needs a new perspective in fighting.

Of course, Pac can stick with Roach all the way to retirement just like Floyd's announcement regarding Roger. This is also a great option.

Comment

everyone leaving steward

Comment

Working...
                    X