No announcement yet.

Is berto another HYPE JOB>??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
    I cant really answer this question until I see him in with a good boxer/puncher. I certainly do think, though, that with careful management and cultivation, Berto can be a p4p fighter in the next 3 years.

yup...that label is to be determined when the training wheels come off

Comment

Originally posted by mellow_mood View Post
      i definitly think he's a good PROSPECT.. AND YES READ WELL.. FOR ME he still a prospect...

but for any reason i think theres 2 much buzz on this guy... so the question is...

do you think berto RIGHT NOW HAS THE TOOLS TO DOMINATE THE 147?

YES OR NO
      I don't know how the WBC champion of the world can be considered a prospect or a contender. He is a champion.

Granted he still needs some seasoning, and I think he is close to his maximum potential, he is still a champion.

Comment

I dont think anyone is really hyping him up. He's proven he can beat b level opposition, just not the elite level A class opposition yet. Also the Knockdown against Cosme makes people wonder about his chin.

But overall i've been impressed and i think he's about two fights away from seriously competing.

Comment

definitely not a hype job... the guy is real solid although hasn't completely proven himself yet.

Comment

I don't think Berto is that hyped, especially considering he is a young American boxer. I think most people sensibly take the view that he is in a very strong division, the best boxers in which are a good bit bigger than he is, and that as yet he has not faced a really testing opponent.

My own opinion is that berto will not cut the mustard. He is a little one dimensional for my taste, and will struggle against the better fighters in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
              I don't think Berto is that hyped, especially considering he is a young American boxer. I think most people sensibly take the view that he is in a very strong division, the best boxers in which are a good bit bigger than he is, and that as yet he has not faced a really testing opponent.

My own opinion is that berto will not cut the mustard. He is a little one dimensional for my taste, and will struggle against the better fighters in the division.
              lets be honest here for a second............... who cuts mustard?

Comment

berto only loses to marg and will

Comment

berto would be exposed even by quintana

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                    lets be honest here for a second............... who cuts mustard?
                    Professor Plum, in the kitchen, with the dagger.

Comment

Originally posted by ericsantos View Post
                      berto would be exposed even by quintana
                      EVEN BY quintana? what is that supposed to mean? Carlos might not be elite but he is definitely no pushover.

Comment

Working...
                      X