Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Fights Be Scored Based on CompuBox Stats?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Fights Be Scored Based on CompuBox Stats?

Many people treat CompuBox stats as proof that a fighter clearly won a fight or that a fighter was robbed. I've heard so many people say, "He clearly won that fight. He threw and landed more punches than his opponent."

The one flaw I see with CompuBox is that even if you just land light punches, they get the same credit as one hard punch. Also, they count shots that hit arms, shoulders, and other areas that aren't really hurting your opponent. Hell, they even count some shots that completely whiffed. CompuBox also doesn't take into account things such as ring generalship, effective aggression, defense, etc.

You also have to consider that judges sometimes score fights terribly. Sometimes they are influenced by a hometown crowd, are biased toward a particular style, or just biased toward a particular fighter. CompuBox would not be influenced by these factors.

Do you think CompuBox could be used instead of judges to score fights?
    Yes
    5.56%
    No
    94.44%

all of your threads recently are bigging up or trying to big up floyd mayweather in some way
    there is other stuff to talk about

Comment

Hell no, fighter would just touch their opponents, like sometimes in the amateurs, instead of punching.

Comment

Originally posted by iron mike tyson View Post
        all of your threads recently are bigging up or trying to big up floyd mayweather in some way
        there is other stuff to talk about
        This topic can relate to a lot of fights and fighters...

Comment

It's not just about punches landed either. If it were then you could simply land a load of punches in round one then dance for the rest of the round's and try and stay out of trouble. The way contests are currently scored is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by $iN View Post
            Many people treat CompuBox stats as proof that a fighter clearly won a fight or that a fighter was robbed. I've heard so many people say, "He clearly won that fight. He threw and landed more punches than his opponent."

The one flaw I see with CompuBox is that even if you just land light punches, they get the same credit as one hard punch. Also, they count shots that hit arms, shoulders, and other areas that aren't really hurting your opponent. Hell, they even count some shots that completely whiffed. CompuBox also doesn't take into account things such as ring generalship, effective aggression, defense, etc.

You also have to consider that judges sometimes score fights terribly. Sometimes they are influenced by a hometown crowd, are biased toward a particular style, or just biased toward a particular fighter. CompuBox would not be influenced by these factors.

Do you think CompuBox could be used instead of judges to score fights?
            Stupid dude.

I have a question for you dude. And I hope your stupidity and lack of a proper brain can still comprehend this. But I bet you won't.

How do give a round to someone who data shows threw 30 punches per round, landed far less, ran like a chicken and a coward, and was way behind on punch stats and power punching stats.

Comment

compu box just counts how many punches land
              not the power
              a featherweight can box a heavyweight and just keep touching him,not punching
              judges stay

Comment

Originally posted by Joartcc3 View Post
                Stupid dude.

I have a question for you dude. And I hope your stupidity and lack of a proper brain can still comprehend this. But I bet you won't.

How do give a round to someone who data shows threw 30 punches per round, landed far less, ran like a chicken and a coward, and was way behind on punch stats and power punching stats.
                Judges have done it in the past...

Comment

Originally posted by PBF G.O.A.T View Post
                  compu box just counts how many punches land
                  not the power
                  a featherweight can box a heavyweight and just keep touching him,not punching
                  judges stay
                  Power punching stats are given. Wrong argument. And you don't need half a brain to know what's a screwed decision from not.

Throwing 30 punches per round, running like a chicken and a coward, and being outlanded heavily by your opponent is a a COMMON SENSE treatise. You never give rounds to guys who throw 30 punches per round.

Comment

Originally posted by Joartcc3 View Post
                    Power punching stats are given. Wrong argument. And you don't need half a brain to know what's a screwed decision from not.

Throwing 30 punches per round, running like a chicken and a coward, and being outlanded heavily by your opponent is a a COMMON SENSE treatise. You never give rounds to guys who throw 30 punches per round.
                    c'mon man... let it go...

all your arguments sound the same... and it's lame...

Comment

Working...
                    X