No announcement yet.

Foreman didn't want rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreman didn't want rematch

Foreman said after he hit Ali in the 8th round and Ali said "thats all you got George", Foreman didn't want no more! lol. Said he never wanted a rematch either. Some folks on here have said Ali wouldn't give Foreman a rematch but Foreman said he never wanted one!

Originally posted by INFAMOUZ
    Foreman said after he hit Ali in the 8th round and Ali said "thats all you got George", Foreman didn't want no more! lol. Said he never wanted a rematch either. Some folks on here have said Ali wouldn't give Foreman a rematch but Foreman said he never wanted one!
    i guess foreman knew his own limitations
    good for him
    he hit him with everything he had
    and ali took it and came back to get the KO

Comment

Originally posted by abdiel2k3
      i guess foreman knew his own limitations
      good for him
      he hit him with everything he had
      and ali took it and came back to get the KO

Foreman wasn't a real fighter then.

Comment

Originally posted by INFAMOUZ
        Foreman said ... he never wanted a rematch either. Some folks on here have said Ali wouldn't give Foreman a rematch but Foreman said he never wanted one!
        Give link, please. Or tell about a source of the given information.

Comment

Foreman's autobiography says no such thing. He desperately wanted a rematch. Foreman went as far as fighting 5 guys in one afternoon to generate public outcry for a rematch. Ali was the one who knew his limitations and that lightning only strikes once. Ali got damn lucky and knew it. A Foreman-Ali rematch means Foreman is champ until the mid '80's.

Comment

until he fought jimmy young

Comment

I don't know who avoided who, but in my opinion if there was an immediate (within one year) rematch, I think Ali whould still beat Big George, he beat Earnie Sheavers in a very close decision, who Ali swear as the hardest puncher he ever faced....

but I think the Rope a Dope trick will not work on the 2nd time around and we missed seeing one exciting rematch....

Comment

George stated he was supposed to die that night in the ring as well.

Comment

Ali would have given him a rematch, Norton was Ali's achilles heel and yet he still fought him 3 times, Ali never ducked any fighters he fought the best and was the best of his era.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreman
                    Foreman's autobiography says no such thing. He desperately wanted a rematch. Foreman went as far as fighting 5 guys in one afternoon to generate public outcry for a rematch. Ali was the one who knew his limitations and that lightning only strikes once. Ali got damn lucky and knew it. A Foreman-Ali rematch means Foreman is champ until the mid '80's.
                    From one extreme statement to other extreme statement.
                    I very much respect Foreman and I doubt, that ihe was afraid of a repeated meeting with Ali and avoided him. But it is not necessary to approach chances of Muhammed with zero - he would win a repeated match, I believe. George after a year break (after defeat from Ali) has lost in speed, that would create to him even more problems in a repeated fight.
                    Also I want to remind, that spoke in interview self George: " He (Muhammed) has beaten me in the first I fight. For certain would beat in the following. " Interview was given (I can be mistaken) before his fight with Moorer.

Comment

Working...
                    X