Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward is too bland but Adrien Broner is too ****y?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward is too bland but Adrien Broner is too ****y?

*c.ocky Stupid censoring mechanism on this site.

So which is it? There is no pleasing some of you. It seems like you just want to find any reason you can to hate on American fighters that are successful.

At least that's the vibe I get.

ward is not liked mostly due to his fighting style and lack of power

broner comes off as disrespectful criminal (he beat up a elderly woman and robbed her)

Comment

I like Broner. He's still young so he'll grow up (or maybe not). But he goes for the knockout & it will be interesting to see how long the streak lasts - and against what kind of opposition.

I also like Ward but his Son of God moniker gets on my hampton. Is he implying that he's Jesus? Or the rest of us are not god's children (I'm agnostic by the way). It's just an annoying nickname & whichever slag thought of it should get his head out of his aris.

But on a serious note Wards style reminds me of an upgrade of Gianfranco Rosi - the decent Italian Light Middle. He would jab, grab, jab, grab. Ward has a little more in his arsenal but that's the fundamental. Score a quick point then smother. Smart but dull.

Comment

Uhh that's what AMERICANS say about Ward.

I only hear AMERICANS say that Ward is too tame and humble. Mostly Broner/Floyd fans. They're used to ghetto/erratic behavior from these fighters and Ward just isn't that.

Comment

I like Ward and I think he's an interesting guy who always gives good interviews, admittedly he does come across as a little smug on occasion but I can live with that. He's very articulate and clearly intelligent and he reels off phrases in casual conversation that Broner would probably have to spend hours rehearsing for.

I find Broner's persona to be quite off-putting but I also recognise it's more successful as a marketing strategy so that has to be taken into account too.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
            Uhh that's what AMERICANS say about Ward.

I only hear AMERICANS say that Ward is too tame and humble. Mostly Broner/Floyd fans. They're used to ghetto/erratic behavior from these fighters and Ward just isn't that.
            This is true. Ward is very well liked in Europe.

Comment

Ward gets just as much hate as Broner does to be honest. Wait until post Ward fight countless threads about headbutts, billygoats, Oakland, corrupt judges, holding etc that will get made.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                This is true. Ward is very well liked in Europe.
                He's well liked in America as well. You rarely hear a bad thing said about him as a person outside a message board. The key thing is style. Broner is looking for the KO and can actually deliver it and Ward is there to box.

Comment

You have two guys on completely opposite ends of the spectrum. Ward is quite and well spoken while Broner is loud and brash.

So you would think people would gravitate to one or the other but instead they both get hated on.

Comment

People make negative comments about fighters they don't like for whatever reason. A lot of times its directed at successful fighters due to their nationality or race. With Broner, it could be due to both of those things and his co*ky attitude. It makes for great entertainment on these forums.

Comment

Working...
                    X