Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many ATG's In Their Prime Had Floyd & Manny Beat In Their Careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barrera wasnt in his prime when he lost to Pacquiao. He had already been in a lot of wars. Not taking anything away from Manny but Barrera was already a little long in the tooth at the time. Maybe not in age, although he was in late 20s, but hed been in a lot of wars.

Comment

Originally posted by reflex+speed=me View Post
      Manny: Marquez, Barrera = 2

Floyd: Def not Hatton, Nor Corrales.. Maybe Castillo? = 0?
      Actually Castillo beat him and his second fight with Castillo he squeaked out a 7 rounds to 5 decision but Castillo beat him 8 rounds to 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaibox View Post
        Oscar will go down likely as an ATG. Both fought and beat him... Floyd beat a younger, bigger, slightly out of prime Oscar, in a smaller ring, with the gloves Oscar wanted and pretty much everything else Oscar wanted. Both of them made their careers off of Oscar. Floyd has not pushed himself through his career, and could have easily topped the ATG list. The question I ask myself is that in this day and age when there's more doping going on, money and promoters run everything, etc is this. Is it really worth it to push yourself for a legacy? When you're dead, you don't know how or what people think of you as a fighter. If I made 30 or 40 million a fight fighting guys like Cotto, who are dangerous, but you know you are favored against and are all but sure you can beat. Why risk your health by moving up to say 160 to fight a Martinez or another puncher who you could possibly get hurt against?

I don't think Floyd cares about what people think about his legacy. He's not going to go down as one of the top 5, 10, 20 atg's... BUT he will ALWAYS have those who make a case for why he should be there based on talent.

Let's take a look at the wonderful lives of just a few of the ATG's after their careers ended.

Ali-Parkinsons
        Louis-went out poor and suffered dementia, paranoia
        Manny-"supposed" signs of Parkinsons and after that KO will be lucky to not wind up permanently damaged.

Can anyone name a fighter who has made it out of this sport who doesn't slur his speech, **** his pants, has Parkinsons or some other sort of condition? ATG or not, all of them are human lives and it makes a case as to why getting PED's out of this sport is, or should be of the utmost importance.

To answer the question however... Corrales was thought to be a huge test for Floyd, many picked him to lose by KO. It wasn't that he won, but his complete domination. Hernandez was a very good win for Floyd and Oscar as well for a guy who was already a small WW, let alone a JMW. Castillo? His record does not suggest his skill level in his prime IMO. I feel like this was a very good win. You have to look beyond paper what is on these guys lists though and more watching of their actual fights.

Manny? Well i'm biased and feel his "rise" was largely tainted by the catchweights, same type style fighters and based off the way he defeated these guys he was going to steamroll little JMM, only to get a boxing lesson in #3 and was lucky to wake up at all in #4. A fifth fight for him could mean real problems.
        Oscar was a has been coke snorter when Floyd fought him hell Edwin Valero with 16 ounce gloves gave Oscar a far worst beating than what Floyd did with 10 ounce gloves and no head gear

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          Oscar was a has been coke snorter when Floyd fought him hell Edwin Valero with 16 ounce gloves gave Oscar a far worst beating than what Floyd did with 10 ounce gloves and no head gear
          I don't understand what point you are trying to make. Is the Valero "beating" on video or simply just hearsay? Anyone can say anything and that doesn't change anything. Valero had a 100% KO ratio, which is one of the reasons why we never saw manny fight him. Either way your post adds nothing to the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Thaibox View Post
            I don't understand what point you are trying to make. Is the Valero "beating" on video or simply just hearsay? Anyone can say anything and that doesn't change anything. Valero had a 100% KO ratio, which is one of the reasons why we never saw manny fight him. Either way your post adds nothing to the discussion.
            I'll make it simple for a simple mind Oscar was wash up, Valero a 130 pounder beat his A$$ making Floyd's win at 154 not so great if a small 130 pounder slap Oscar around

Comment

Right now, Pav vs. Floyd comparison threads are pointless

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                I'll make it simple for a simple mind Oscar was wash up, Valero a 130 pounder beat his A$$ making Floyd's win at 154 not so great if a small 130 pounder slap Oscar around
                Here again, what you are saying is simply hearsay and means nothing. The only person who knows what happened there was Oscar. However, let's just assume you are correct. If Oscar was completely washed up when he fought Floyd, then what was he when he fought manny at 147 lbs?

Comment

Working...
                X