No announcement yet.

How can people call Cotto a bum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
    Who are Great fighters right now if Cotto isn't one? Only guy Worthy of that title IMO is Mayweather. And no, Manny isn't a great fighter IMO.
    WOW!!! You had no credibilty and now you're even worse in the hole you're in. I've degraded Pac before but I don't care how much I could hate Pac, anyone who says he isn't a great fighter is a plain and complete moron.

Comment

Yuri "the gimp" Foreman

/thread.

Comment

Dont people get bore of talking about the same thing over and over again. Some of his fans overate the ish out of Cotto to the extent that some of us feel embarras. Some idiots like to discredit him just for fun or just because they are clueless.

If you have to argue about him not being a bum you are setting up yourself for frustration and for some dumb arguments.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
          Dont people get bore of talking about the same thing over and over again. Some of his fans overate the ish out of Cotto to the extent that some of us feel embarras. Some idiots like to discredit him just for fun or just because they are clueless.

If you have to argue about him not being a bum you are setting up yourself for frustration and for some dumb arguments.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Alas....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Losses: Margarito, Pacquiao, Mosley, Clottey, Mayweather
            Wins: Jennings, Mayorga, Foreman

not bad, I've seen worse on FNF. He's a C+/Gate keeper level fighter.
            Definitely not a bum.
            Your lack of wisdom about boxing is mindblowing!

Comment

Originally Posted by lfc19titles
              Not a bum but is a b+ fighter at best imo

I think he has the brains for the spot but physically he does not have it, his speed, stamina, reflexes and power are shot not where they should be to be a great fighter

mosley fight was a good example, he fought a shot fighter, barely won, in my opinion he lost that fight but it could have gone either way i supposeHe also has discipline issues, his frame is perfect for welterweight, he should be fighting at 147 but puts on too much weight between fights
              Hell no! FMJr. fought a shopworn Mosley, Pac fought a passed prime and shopworn Mosely, Canelo fought a well passed prime-on retirement Mosley.

Cotto fought him like 3-4 years earlier when he was still well on his game and beating ass left and right.

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
              Shot is harsh but way past his prime, in his prime he was a Gattling gun, he lost his ammo and became an ak 47 later on

also clottey, cotto 100 percent lost that fight
              I don't hate on him, i respect him for the fights he has taken but I am being honest
              You must be smoking some serious bad weed brah. Get off the drugs!

Cotto was destroying that azz until the headbut where he could have called the fight and won on the cards with ease. The only reason this fight went the distancce was due to the cut where Miguel was unable to see.

Stop drinking the coolaid!

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              Lmao calling Mosley shot, 5 YEARS before May and Pac fight him. It was Mosley's last great fight, the Margarito thing was a farce. People say "oh man Mosley beat his ass blah blah blah..." Yes, but it was because the last thing on Marg's mind was the fight he knew he just destroyed his career and reputation right then and there. It gave Mosley insane motivation too, but give me Margarito/Mosley now and I'll still take Marg with a blind eye and broken achilles.

People say Cotto is bum because they either think he's gay, they're mexican and can't handle the fact that the only time Cotto lost to a Mexican was due to cheating. They still live on this one win to this day to hate on him... Maniac is the best, he does it on purpose but saying **** like he lost to Clottey and Mosley does nothing to add credibility to your point. People use grades terribly especially on here.

Berto/Ortiz/Guerrero those guys are B figthers. Cotto/Manny/Martinez are A fighters and Floyd is an ELITE fighter because IMO he beats them all with the exception of possibly Martinez.
              Haters, haters! You are right on all your post!

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
              He beat Cotto without a trainer, at a catchweight, off of the Margairto loss (still mentally affecting him I mean) and on steroids. This is why I wish Manny wasn't such a ***** and would just fight Cotto again, not saying he would win (@154 he would) but at a minimum would show how much an advantage Manny had in the first fight. And Cotto fought Mosley in 2007 and Floyd fought Mosley in 2010 and Manny in 2011 so it was 3 and 4 years. It doesn't really matter anyone saying Mosley was shot when Cotto fought him is a complete idiot and doesn't know **** about boxing, it's a lie. Mosley wasn't "PRIME" but he was as close to his prime as Floyd is now and really as Cotto had when he fought Floyd.

One more thing, if Manny was so much better and confident in beating Cotto, AGAIN. Why is he the one calling out Cotto yet still making him drop in weight? I mean seriously, the fact that you guys still fall for this Manny weight crap is embarrassing. Floyd doesn't fight guys who he thinks can beat him (Manny and Martinez) Manny will fight him but he makes sure they get weakened enough so he does win, IDK which is worse.
              FMJr. fought a shopworn Mosley, Pac fought a passed prime and shopworn Mosely, Canelo fought a well passed prime-on retirement Mosley.

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
              Cotto is a HoF.

Three division champ

He won the Clottey fight, not only on the scorecards but mentally. After the clash of heads that left him with one eye he could have said "screw this Im going home", but continued the fight and won by a point.

Mosley wasnt "way" past prime, by the time he faced Cotto his only losses where to Forrest and Winky. He was "way" past prime 3 years later when he fought Floyd. Caught Mayweather with a great punch but couldnt finish him in the second round.

His loss against Plasterito he avenged, and his other two losses where two probable ATG's. In both fights he was competitive.

Cotto is just one of those overall solid guys. A fighter tuned boxer who could switch stances to adjust and complicate a fight. His best weapon was his timing.

Not an ATG right now, but definetely a hall of famer.
              Well said and I agree.

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
              I agree with the CW are bull****, but the fact remains Cotto lost almost every round and got the **** beat out of him. He was lucky to get decisions against Mosley and Clottey, got the crap beat out of him by Margarito and it looked like it was going to happen again in the 2nd fight before the doctor stopped it. Cotto is a good fighter but is overrated by many, he has fought tough opposition and he deserves credit for that but he's not anywhere close to being an ATG.
              Dude, get off the coolaid. Its hurting you!

Plasterito cheated his way to a victory. Still, Cotto tagged that azz all night with some incredible bombs. Some of the most vicious hoods that Cotto has landed. I give Plasterito props for his Titanium mandible but that is it.

People talk all the **** about Pac tearing on Plasterito's eye, but Cotto beat that **** up like a $2.00 whore! At the end of the 1st fight, Plasterito's eye was beading. The damage was done by Miguel....Mosley agravated it, Pac beat it and Cotto finish it on the 2nd fight.

Plasterito was going to do what on the 2nd fight? LMAO!!!! You must be a troll on drugs. GTFO!

Yeah, he as about to get KTFO...Plasterito was! Cotto was starting to get behind his punches and rocking the cheating whore! Cotto was landing some serious bombs on the plaster ***! Plasterito did not win a single round, got his azz taxed all night and CLEARLY beaten!

Comment

he isn't a bum

but he is barely a hall of famer......he isn't a great fighter by any means

Comment

Never heard anyone call him a bum tbh. He's a good fighter and nothing more or nothing less.

Comment

When you have a little kid calling Cotto a "bum" the first thing you need to do is look at their location. It will usually be Los Angeles...Texas...Mexico etc.

Do the math. They need to hate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      WOW!!! You had no credibilty and now you're even worse in the hole you're in. I've degraded Pac before but I don't care how much I could hate Pac, anyone who says he isn't a great fighter is a plain and complete moron.

Speaking of utter bums...

Why did you give up your Margarito avatar kid?

In your world somehow a cheater like Margarito with NO skills is worthy of praise but Cotto is nothing special?

explain.

Comment

Working...
                      X