Isn't it about time HBO dump the Geriatrics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    "Joe Calzaghe has been down in the first round before against Chris Eubank"
    That was done a few times by the HBO crew, was that Kellerman both times?

Comment

Merchant should be replaced on the broadcast team but kept on for the post fight interviews.

Comment

get rid of everyone except Larry

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
          That was done a few times by the HBO crew, was that Kellerman both times?
          He definitely did it during the Hopkins fight.

Kellerman is also atrocious at post fight interviews. He completely bottled the Mosley-Floyd confrontation, got made to look like a punk. Merchant wouldn't have took that *****.

Comment

Kellerman is also atrocious at post fight interviews. He completely bottled the Mosley-Floyd confrontation, got made to look like a punk. Merchant wouldn't have took that *****.
            Merchant has made so many mistakes lately its been sad to watch. The way he openly confronted Roy Jones and Floyd is problematic too. Merchant makes himself the story too much. He lacks objectivity and professionalism.

Lampley should have been fired and replaced between rounds after the "BAng, BAng, BANg" crap.

Comment

Max Kellerman is the future of boxing

Comment

Lampley is nessesary for the main guy the guy that adds hype to a boring fight.i like steward but he repeats himself,they need to replace him with roy jones or hopkins.and merchant i like because hes controversial but he brings negativity and doesnt give credit it just always seems like hes hating on new fighters and living in the past,replace him with kellerman.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
                  Lampley is nessesary for the main guy the guy that adds hype to a boring fight.i like steward but he repeats himself,they need to replace him with roy jones or hopkins.and merchant i like because hes controversial but he brings negativity and doesnt give credit it just always seems like hes hating on new fighters and living in the past,replace him with kellerman.
                  Yeah it seem like with Merchant that if a fighter is completely outboxing his opponent, constantly attacking and knocking them out, they are boring and overhyped compared to the greats of yesteryear.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                    Max Kellerman is the future of boxing
                    kellerman can be annoying as hell at times too. I don't care about guys making occasional errors, that's going to happen, but so often during fights Kellerman goes on and on about some bull**** and they get into some philosophical discussion instead of actually calling the damn fight!

why is it so hard for the hbo crew to just call the fights as it's happening rather than discussing whatever the f else they decide to talk about? That's what we need and that's why I actually like the showtime crew usually they just call it as it is.

Comment

More than sick of listening to people who know very litle about what their watching!!! Manny seems totally bored and I don't blame him one bit. The Lampley guy only knows how to count punches and knows NOTHING about boxing in general. Larry has good points after the fight because he demands more action when fighters go in the ring and DON'T Fight!! But he needs to show up the next day in a studio and talk for 5 min. on the outcome, that might be interesting. Kellermand ok because he lovrs the sport and wants to see the sport be revised and successful again.
                      Bottom line is theres a HUGE need to a color comentary guy and thats were you need someone who knows the game in all phases and has the personality to convey interest. Thats hard to find! I'd like to hear someone call a fight without interjecting their opinion on whats happening just call the fight as if they were on radio!! Has anyone ever watched Ali vs Frazier ONE!! The tape without any comentary!! WOW just drop a mic 9 feet over their heads and listen to the action, thats fantastic. Nothing like being right there with no one blabbing about their opinion which often times isn't the reality of the fight. If I have to listen to Teddy I think I'll resort to drugs hahaha I knew him pretty well but I don't want football or any other analogies to boxing. He and I handled Tyson at the Nationals in Colo Springs Facility. Keeping an eye on Mike & Teddy in the Colo. mountains is something. They were out of their eliment for sure hahahaha!! Ray.

Comment

Working...
                      X