No announcement yet.

Could any MW in history stop Hagler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could any MW in history stop Hagler?

Past or present could anyone stop hagler by K.O or TKO? I don't think so.

"you better hit me with that ring post because I ain't going nowhere "

I think that left hook from robison v fullmer II finishes most MWs or basically pyts em on edge for the rest of the night.

Comment

could he land that shot on hagler though?

Comment

At MW? No, I seriously doubt it. Cast Iron.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
          Past or present could anyone stop hagler by K.O or TKO? I don't think so.

"you better hit me with that ring post because I ain't going nowhere "

In my opinion, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
            could he land that shot on hagler though?
            I doubt it. Left Hooks usually don't land in the same angle against southpaws as they do on orthodox fighters.

Comment

of course

anybody can get knocked out

hagler had three things going for him that kept him from even getting wobbled regularly

1: his chin
              2. conditioning
              3: he rarely if ever made serious mistakes (like the one fullmer had to make to walk into a hook like robinsons

if he walked into a couple more right hands from hearns he would have been ready to go
              BUT HE DIDN'T

so yes, some of the big punchers // finishers certainly have the potential to stop him
              but he'd likely be too crafty and have too sturdy of a chin.

i dont care how good your chin is, if you walk into flush bombs for multiple rounds from legendary punchers at MW (jackson, hearns, benn, mcclellan, briscoe, robinson, etc) you are getting stopped

these are MW and not small guys.

hagler, in addition to a legendary chin, was far too crafty for that.
              he was also supremely conditioned, the anti stoppage.
              he was actually a pretty slick guy when the fight called for it.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                of course

anybody can get knocked out

hagler had three things going for him that kept him from even getting wobbled regularly

1: his chin
                2. conditioning
                3: he rarely if ever made serious mistakes (like the one fullmer had to make to walk into a hook like robinsons

if he walked into a couple more right hands from hearns he would have been ready to go
                BUT HE DIDN'T

so yes, some of the big punchers // finishers certainly have the potential to stop him
                but he'd likely be too crafty and have too sturdy of a chin.

i dont care how good your chin is, if you walk into flush bombs for multiple rounds from legendary punchers at MW (jackson, hearns, benn, mcclellan, briscoe, robinson, etc) you are getting stopped

these are MW and not small guys.

hagler, in addition to a legendary chin, was far too crafty for that.
                he was also supremely conditioned, the anti stoppage.
                he was actually a pretty slick guy when the fight called for it.
                this is the only realistic post of the thread

god I hate it when people believe a fighter was unknockoutable just because he never been ko'ed

Comment

You asked if anyone could KO or TKO him.

Anyone cand be knocked out, and anyone can be stopped on cuts.

A guy like Monzon, for instance, with his laser accuracy, could have opened up a cut and keep pounding it until the fight is stopped.

Comment

Sam Langford would be the best bet. Marvin took enough big shots from hard hitters in his career to make it unlikely anyone else KOs him. Cuts is more likely as he did have a few notable ones.

It's possible that Fullmer shot could take him out, but that was really a freak once-in-a-lifetime Hail Mary shot that Robinson was unable to replicate in their other three fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X