Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happen to the "Ward is Ducking Bute" Theory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solntse View Post
    Call me crazy, but I think Bute would have looked better against Ward than he did against Froch (styles make fight).

I'm not saying Bute would win against Ward, but Froch's style was a nightmare for Bute.
    Froch dominated him from beginning to end so it's tough to look better than that, but I would've put money on Ward neutralizing Bute's counter left uppercut, smothering, and battering him on the inside.

Bute's a powerful fighter with one of the best weapons in boxing, but his right hand isn't much of a threat for a fighter on Ward's level so he wouldn't be able to maintain a distance where Ward would give him enough time to use his counter and Bute's not a good inside fighter so after Ward got on the inside, it'd look similar to His beating of Allan Green, except I'm not too sure Bute would've went 12.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
      There use to be pretty heated debates on here regarding Ward ducking Bute and how Bute was so deserving of a fight after the SS.

Where did those guys go?
      Froch happened. Theres a rumour going around that Bute's soul still wanders the dark streets of Nottingham in search of his body. . .

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        There use to be pretty heated debates on here regarding Ward ducking Bute and how Bute was so deserving of a fight after the SS.

Where did those guys go?
        Ward did duck Bute, before Bute got exposed. Froch took Bute out and got the glory.

Ward should have fought Bute but he let another man take his glory, he did duck him.

Comment

Ward is busy trying to land a fight with the 4 year retired coke addict Calzaghe, he's a warrior with no time for active fighters.

Comment

It's funny how some of you ignore or are too stupid to face the fact that Ward broke his hand and couldn't fight. Bute ducked the Super Six and by doing so didnt even deserve a shot at Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              So you think Ward ducked Bute because his hand was broken and he couldn't fight in May/June, and because he said Bute should have to beat a Top fighter first??? Okay......
              I never said he ducked bute, I was just saying in general

Comment

Bute should fight Ward before Froch ends his career.

Comment

There are still people that think Ward ducked Bute, wow.

I didn't realize having a broken hand and wanting it to heal means you ducked someone. What soft touch fight has Ward taken instead of fighting Bute?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    Ward did duck Bute, before Bute got exposed. Froch took Bute out and got the glory.

Ward should have fought Bute but he let another man take his glory, he did duck him.
                    Ward didn't duck Bute, after defeating the best SMWs he told Bute he'd have to prove himself in order to fight Ward. Ward didn't think it was fair a guy like Bute who had easy fights against bums his whole career would instantly get a who at the #1 SMW, Bute even wanted the fight to happen in Canada like he was calling the shots!

Ward told Bute to prove himself, Bute said okay and went on to fight Froch and was badly exposed.

Comment

Well to be fair Ward was offered a fight for a lot of money in Canada against Bute, but he declined cause he wanted to fight in Oakland.

Then Bute and Froch signed that 2 fight contract (one in England and one in Canada) and Froch beat the crap out of Bute in England.

Comment

Working...
                      X