Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Andre Ward give Sakio Bika a deserved rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Andre Ward give Sakio Bika a deserved rematch?

The first fight was a good close contest, I honestly thought the only fair score for that fight was a draw, anywhere outside of America it probably would have been a draw.

The Scorpion boxed brilliantly last night, and in my mind the next logical fight at SMW is Ward-Bika 2, the only question is will Ward pull out of a fight again citing 'injury'? I notice he wasn't injured when he had Chad Dawson was willing to come down to 168 and sacrifice his health, but he was injured when Lucien Bute wanted to unify the division - not making any accusations and this isn't a thread to hate on anyone.

Anyway, two good fighters, the rematch should happen sometime this year. I'd like to see Saint George Groves step up and fight the winner in 2014

Originally posted by Saint G Groves View Post
    The first fight was a good close contest, I honestly thought the only fair score for that fight was a draw, anywhere outside of America it probably would have been a draw.

The Scorpion boxed brilliantly last night, and in my mind the next logical fight at SMW is Ward-Bika 2, the only question is will Ward pull out of a fight again citing 'injury'? I notice he wasn't injured when he had Chad Dawson was willing to come down to 168 and sacrifice his health, but he was injured when Lucien Bute wanted to unify the division - not making any accusations and this isn't a thread to hate on anyone.

Anyway, two good fighters, the rematch should happen sometime this year. I'd like to see Saint George Groves step up and fight the winner in 2014
    Bika made a fan out of me when he fought Calzaghe. Dude is a beast; I see him giving anybody from 168-175 problems. I'd definitely be into the rematch

Comment

No interest in seeing Ward fight Bika again. And in no way was that fight a draw, Bika lost. As ugly as the fight was he still lost

Comment

Bika is a beast and one of the most underrated fighter right now. However I don't want to see a rematch. Ward won last time and I think he would win even more clearly. However I would love to see Bika vs Froch/Kessler/Bute. I think he could beat Bute this time

Comment

Both are very dirty fighters.

The shady California referee permitted Ward to foul as much as he wanted, but was quick to admonish Bika.

I thought Ward won, but the fight was closer than the scorecards indicated (I had it 115-113 Ward).

And without the ref helping Ward, Bika might have done well enough to deserve to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

The shady California referee permitted Ward to foul as much as he wanted, but was quick to admonish Bika.

I thought Ward won, but the fight was closer than the scorecards indicated (I had it 115-113 Ward).

And without the ref helping Ward, Bika might have done well enough to deserve to win.
            Last night at one point Bika was punching that guy in the legs and the ref said nothing.

Comment

Ward won clearly in fight one, WHICH by the way sucked. So no id pass on that

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                Bika is a beast and one of the most underrated fighter right now. However I don't want to see a rematch. Ward won last time and I think he would win even more clearly. However I would love to see Bika vs Froch/Kessler/Bute. I think he could beat Bute this time

It depends where the fight is held, outside of Oakland I'd have it a 50/50 fight. Unfortunately, Ward (like Sven Ottke back in the day) is clearly protected and given every advantage in Oakland, therefore Bika would have to win by KO

Originally posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
                Bika made a fan out of me when he fought Calzaghe. Dude is a beast; I see him giving anybody from 168-175 problems. I'd definitely be into the rematch

I remember Calzaghe v Bika, that fight was closer than the scorecards suggested

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Great post, Ward is clearly protected in Oakland, which suits his style perfectly (allowing him to maul and cheat). Bika is game though, outside of Oakland I could see this fight going either way, the only problem is HBO have invested too much in Ward to see him lose a decision without them looking to profit from it, and Bika isn't profitable

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                  Last night at one point Bika was punching that guy in the legs and the ref said nothing.
                  Yes, I noticed that.

He was very different from the ref in the Ward-Bika fight, who was very protective of Ward, while allowing his home fighter the "Son of Goat" to foul at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                    He was punching him on the belt-line and the ref told him to keep it up a couple of times but Sjekloca never reacted or complained so it was ignored for the most part.

Comment

Working...
                    X