Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the same shoot as the first album cover, Ken Veeder behind the lens. Not sure of an online link to more (although, shots from it are doubtless scattered across the 'net), but I know there's a handful of nice extra shots from that photo session inside the Safari/USA 2fer booklet. That's one source off the top of my head. I'll scan and post 'emm up in here tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by UmarImranKhalil View Post
      Here for quick access (2:20),

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIDwH0dkcoA

"Folks, if you knew..."

Whole show's been booted, might be out there on the internet in video form.
      Pretty painful to watch - you can almost feel the misery etched on his face.

I don't understand why the brothers would let Dennis live like a homeless bum, during the years in his life he need the most support. Pretty cold-hearted if you ask me.

Comment

That shot you've got sigged, from the SDVII cover, the group with Dennis' Sting-Ray, is killer.

Comment

That's the same shoot as the first album cover, Ken Veeder behind the lens. Not sure of an online link to more (although, shots from it are doubtless scattered across the 'net), but I know there's a handful of nice extra shots from that photo session inside the Safari/USA 2fer booklet. That's one source off the top of my head. I'll scan and post 'emm up in here tomorrow.

Yeah, the Surfin' Safari cover, minus the vehicle. I love that early Beach Boys image, more badass than any Stones cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks! View Post
            Pretty painful to watch - you can almost feel the misery etched on his face.

I don't understand why the brothers would let Dennis live like a homeless bum, during the years in his life he need the most support. Pretty cold-hearted if you ask me.
            Seems that way, doesn't it?

I think with Brian, he was so out of it for Dennis' worst years, and his life wasn't even in his own hands by the time of Dennis' passing, that he wasn't really in a position to help. Was overwhelmed by Dennis in any personality sense, anyway.

Carl's personality I think was too passive to directly grab Dennis by the shirt-collar, and too, dunno what the word is, stuffy, prissy to cope with the madman his brother was in direct contact. You can see the pain in Carl's expression during one TV appearance in which Dennis appeared with the group stoned and acted up (it's in that BBC docu above), he seems concerned and upset but also embarrassed at the same time. By all accounts, he had Landy lined up to handle Dennis, based on the success Gene was having with Brian at the time (before Landy ran totally out of control with his methods). Dennis passed before that could happen. How it would have ended up had Dennis lived and been assigned to Landy, I have no idea.

Mike and Dennis had a lot of issues.

I love Dennis' loyalty to Brian -- whenever the group would question Bri's vision, Dennis would leap to his defence ("he put us here"). One of the biggest defenders of Brian's talent. Brian, meanwhile, always seems rocked that his brother could create music of the power he was creating.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocks! View Post

Yeah, the Surfin' Safari cover, minus the vehicle. I love that early Beach Boys image, more badass than any Stones cover.
              Dave Marks just has a cooler look than Al.

Brian looks athletic back then.

Some great TV clips of that lineup.

Comment

Red Skelton, BOOM.

Comment

Red Skelton, BOOM.

Love it, love it, love it.

Dennis looks like a badass in that clip, and to think Marks' was probably 14, 15?

ROFL at them white-folks breakin' out into a dance at the end. LMAOOOOO

Comment

Mike dancing with that chick cracks me up,

Comment

ok ok ok .

Comment

Working...
                      X