No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Victor Ortiz Makes Campbell Look Old

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: CompuBox Stats: Victor Ortiz Makes Campbell Look Old

New York City - Junior welterweight Victor Ortiz made Nate Campbell look very old in the ring while winning an easy ten round unanimous decision. Campbell landed a low average of only seven punches per round. [Click Here To Read More]

Embarrassing.....

Comment

Good job by vic. He's still a top fighter at 140 in my eyes. One of the top four for sure along with alexander, bradley, and maidana. Khan was impressive against Paulie but seriously no less was expected from him by hardcore boxing fans against a light puncher like malignaggi. Don't know why a lot of people wrote off Ortiz after his defeat to Maidana. I mean sure he gave up. the dude was overwhelmed with emotions and said some **** Im sure he regrets but maidana didnt walk over him. He did knock him down three times after all. Khan vs Ortiz would be an interesting fight imo. What do you guys think?

Comment

Wow, can't believe guys were that big on Campbell.

Too bad Paulie couldn't give the cherry picker a better fight. Well, looks like the cherry picking days are over. Let's see if he really wants to fight guys like Bradley, Alexander & Maidana.

Comment

Good win for Ortiz. Seeing him go the distance and remain strong, certainly answers some questions I would have asked.

Comment

Would love to see Ortiz-Malignaggie. Paulie has a good chin, I'd like to see it tested, also vic tested against a slick boxer like paulie.

Comment

He could have. Taken him out way early,I would rather see him go against zab Judah. I wanna see how he handles a real speedster who got a lil pop on them punches. He may gas out midway but to see what Garcia would tell Vic what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Reality View Post
                Wow, can't believe guys were that big on Campbell.

Too bad Paulie couldn't give the cherry picker a better fight. Well, looks like the cherry picking days are over. Let's see if he really wants to fight guys like Bradley, Alexander & Maidana.
                LOL first fight in the US and hes immediatly a cherry picker? its called good match making, which is what pretty much every fighter does to build a big name before they start facing top guys.....hell Floyd Mayweather is still doing it

Comment

Originally posted by Leonf96 View Post
                  Good job by vic. He's still a top fighter at 140 in my eyes. One of the top four for sure along with alexander, bradley, and maidana. Khan was impressive against Paulie but seriously no less was expected from him by hardcore boxing fans against a light puncher like malignaggi. Don't know why a lot of people wrote off Ortiz after his defeat to Maidana. I mean sure he gave up. the dude was overwhelmed with emotions and said some **** Im sure he regrets but maidana didnt walk over him. He did knock him down three times after all. Khan vs Ortiz would be an interesting fight imo. What do you guys think?

I agree, both fights last night were impressive, specially Paulie vs Khan. Ortiz fought a good fight last night but I noticed he is not the same. He didnt actually got Koed completely against Maidana so I am pretty sure he needs some more time to recover from that fight. I would like to see Khan also fight Ortiz, I would like to see his reaction fighting somebody with power behind the punches.....

Comment

I liked this Ortiz better. Nice footwork, short, sharp punches, keepin his aggression under control and economical. His D is tight when he keeps his gloves up, but when he puts his hands down he gets caught leaning back. Once, sometimes twice a fight, he leans back, turns his head away slightly, and than trys to reach his arms out to block the punch, only to miss completely and get slightly clipped on the chin. Needs to keep those gloves up, or stay focused enough to get out of the way quicker. None of that lazy ****.

Would have liked to see him go to the body more too, that's all that was missing from this beat down. I think Ortiz's work to the body is completely under-rated. He landed a right hook to the body of Campbell in the middle of the 6th that froze Nate up instantly. It happen to Maidana too. But for whatever reason Vic didn't follow up on it when Campbell was folded up on the ropes after that shot. Campbell took a flat out beating behind his guard, but he was ready to be put out of his misery. If Vic would have stayed on the body, it would have been hell for Nate to remain standing. Also would have liked to see him launch an uppercut when Nate was bullrushing in, but I think that punch can be developed over time.

Overall he looked a lot better. You could tell he took this fight seriously just by how more balanced he was in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X