No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Alvarado Feeling a Mile High About Homecoming Defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Alvarado Feeling a Mile High About Homecoming Defense

By Jake Donovan - It’s only been a little over two years since Mike Alvarado fought close to home. The event came at a time when he was still trying to find his place in the pro ranks, as he was transitioning between rising prospect and budding contender. His points win over Gabriel Martinez back in July ’11 was as predictable as it was unspectacular, the night becoming little more than a hometown showcase.

This weekend’s return to his home state carries far greater meaning than a local appearance, coming on the heels of his most significant win as a pro and now entering his third straight fight in which the outcome is anything but predictable. Awaiting the recently minted alphabet titlist is a dangerous first defense against tough-as-nails Ruslan Provodnikov, at the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, Colorado. [Click Here To Read More]

Both of these guys are increadibly tough and they are both great warriors. I think that if moving up to welterweight (even if it was only for his last fight), and now moving back down to junior welterweight affected Provodnikov's body then he may not have the same stamina and strength come fight night. It's hard to tell at this point though, but I have a feeling that Mike Alvarado is going to stop Provodnikov or beat him similar to the way he did Rios in their 2nd fight. Whatever happens and whoever ends up winning its sure to be an awesome fight.

Comment

What i see is Alvarado beating this guy and probably by ko. In his last fight with Rios, Alvarado stopped brawling and started boxing which allowed him to win easier than just brawling. When Bradley started boxing Provodalklwkslldcough, he easily started winning those moments and rounds when he did. So the same thing Alvarado learned in fighting Rios is all he needs to apply to come out with the win. The same weakness his last opponent had, is the same weakness that Provodalklwkslldcough has and was beaten with in his last fight.

(yeah im joking about the spelling of his name)

Comment

I like both Cat's, and it's hard to pick a Winner, but my Bread is on Mike!

Comment

Mile High Mike

He may get knocked a Mile High. Prod is tough. So is Mike ,but Mike better be ready for toe to toe, and evade.

Comment

vtmanvu

Prog's left hand will be the difference. I like Alvarado but see him on the wrong end of a straight left.

Comment

Scarey

The picture of Alavardo is pretty scarey.

Comment

Working...
              X