No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire: I'll Be Ready For Whatever Rigondeaux Brings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Donaire: I'll Be Ready For Whatever Rigondeaux Brings

WBO super bantamweight champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire is looking forward to his unification bout against WBA king and Olympic gold medalist Guillermo Rigondeaux on April 13, probably in New York.

Donaire told BoxingScene.com/Manila Standard - “while its going to be Rigondeaux it makes no difference and doesn’t matter who it is” after the Rigondeaux camp brought up an issue with Top Rank Promotions and Vic Darchinyan was being considered as an alternate opponent.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Both Donaire and Vic are right, Rigo will run but it won't stop Donaire from finding a way to expose that glass of his. This gonn be guud.

Comment

Donaire and Rigo better be ready. This is their biggest fight to date.

Comment

Originally posted by Suavecito80 View Post
        Donaire and Rigo better be ready. This is their biggest fight to date.
        This is not Donaire's biggest fight. Its not even his second biggest fight.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          i agree. some fans like dancov, angrycuban, or mathed thought differently, though..

Comment

If thats the case why is he making a career high income by a landslide

Comment

I like that this fight got made, but I'm not expecting it to be exciting. Both men are natural counterpunchers with great power, and I expect both of them to be cautious. I could be wrong, Donaire could nail Rigo with those staccato-stepping Hamed uppercuts or Rigo could find a straight left, but I don't expect so. 116-112 Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                If thats the case why is he making a career high income by a landslide
                Because he's at a weight that makes more money. Guys at 112 and 115 don't make much money. Doesn't mean the fights weren't bigger.

Comment

Donaire will gain more respect from me if he wins, as I felt like he was trying to avoid Rigo. His skills were always there, but I think Donaire's
                  "p4p" status is undeserved (knocking out small and unskilled and old fighters). Rigo does move alot, but don't call someone a runner because you NEED them to plodd forward for you to look good.
                  But Rigo cannot win if he isn't aggressive so I excpect a great chessmatch/fight!!

Comment

Which fights are than? It is at least his second biggest fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X