Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leo Santa Cruz fought 5 times in 2012 why wasn't he Fighter of the Year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leo Santa Cruz fought 5 times in 2012 why wasn't he Fighter of the Year?

Is it because he's Mexican? I thought FOTY is all about how many times you fight now? Doesn't matter who you beat anymore. So why wasn't Santa Cruz FOTY? I'm confused.

green k for you

Comment

Maybe you should look at who he beat

Comment

I don't get it?

Comment

HBO Needs another pinoy since Pac got KOED

Comment

he fought 4 unranked fighters (ring) , 3, coming off losses and 1 coming off a draw..old ass morel was the only ex champion he fought..

vusi malinga ,who was abner mares's mandatory before he moved up is his best win...

how's that foty candidate?

Comment

Santa Cruz could only qualify for prospect of the year.

Comment

Hot damn, it does matter who you beat after all!

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
                  Is it because he's Mexican? I thought FOTY is all about how many times you fight now? Doesn't matter who you beat anymore. So why wasn't Santa Cruz FOTY? I'm confused.
                  Is this the new thing now? Finding ways to cry racism against Mexicans? That's one thing I admire about the Mexican people is that they usually fight their way through hardship and have a strong work ethic, they don't usually ***** with b.s. like this.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                    he fought 4 unranked fighters (ring) , 3, coming off losses and 1 coming off a draw..old ass morel was the only ex champion he fought..

vusi malinga ,who was abner mares's mandatory before he moved up is his best win...

how's that foty candidate?
                    Sounds like the criteria of winning FOTY. Donaire fought 2 old fighters who retired afterward, and one fighter coming off a loss. They sound about even.

Comment

Working...
                    X