No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns is Expecting a Tough Fight With Ocampo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns is Expecting a Tough Fight With Ocampo

Ricky Burns will face Jose Ocampo in his latest world title defence after the Filipino was drafted in as replacement for the injured Liam Walsh.

Burns had been due to defend his WBO lightweight belt against Walsh next month until the Norfolk-based fighter hurt his back in a road accident.

Ocampo, rated 14 in the world by the WBO, will now face Burns at London's ExCeL on December 15.

The 23-year-old challenger has suffered five defeats, but most of them came in his teenage years, and 12 of his 17 victories have come inside the distance.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ocamp"WHO"?

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Ricky Burns will face Jose Ocampo in his latest world title defence after the Filipino was drafted in as replacement for the injured Liam Walsh.

Burns had been due to defend his WBO lightweight belt against Walsh next month until the Norfolk-based fighter hurt his back in a road accident.

Ocampo, rated 14 in the world by the WBO, will now face Burns at London's ExCeL on December 15.

The 23-year-old challenger has suffered five defeats, but most of them came in his teenage years, and 12 of his 17 victories have come inside the distance.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      They should make a ruling that nobody ranked outside the top ten of any governing body can challenge for a world title,that will put a stop these joke fights.I mean Ricky Burns is suposed to be a world champion why isnt he defending against world class opposition??

Comment

burns is a joke

Burns is boxings biggest joke

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1706 View Post
          They should make a ruling that nobody ranked outside the top ten of any governing body can challenge for a world title,that will put a stop these joke fights.I mean Ricky Burns is suposed to be a world champion why isnt he defending against world class opposition??
          It won't matter, they can manipulate the rankings to whatever they like.... even if it was top 5, all they'd have to do is bump one person out

Comment

If I'm Burns, and I am seriously intending on challenging Broner, then I am trying to fight the best available title contenders before that in an effort to try and prepare so that I don't make a complete ass of myself on the world stage when it comes time to tangle with the best guy in the division.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeMack View Post
              Burns is boxings biggest joke
              No. Thatwould be cleverly. Audley second. Burns could make top 5 if he keeps coming out with statements like this. He better keeping his mouth shut, knocking the guy over and hoping that fwank delivers a name

Comment

No point getting mad about this, by April of next year Burns won't be champion anymore.

Comment

Working...
                X