Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's heavyweight reign is more impressive Riddick Bowe or Vitali Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reign? Neither of them had much of a "reign".

Vitali's reign lasted a couple of years after he lost to Lennox then he came back but has lived in the shadow of his brother's reign.

Chicken Bowe refused to fight Lennox so his reign means ****.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      vitali fights nothing like lennox. and bowe ducked lennox because lennox knocked him out. really has nothing to do with either klitchsko. bowe was simply afraid of lennox the person. which is why i was never a fan. i personally think bowe could very well beat both brothers just like i think lennox could.
      Lennox knocked Bowe out ?, if you're referring to the Olympics the fight was stopped way too early and had a ridiculous ref, Bowe was hardly knocked out.

Comment

I think Vitali

This is based on consistency and longevity.

Bowe has the most impressive feat on his resume, clearly. But I am never someone who decides on these things with just what is on the win/loss column.

You look at Bowe's career and it is littered with inconsistency, he is one of the most talented ever, but his performances in the Golota fights were not good, Bowe was not in great shape, but Golota was hardly great. Things like this start bringing this comparison much closer in my eyes.

Vitali's performance in the Lewis fight also showed me that he could have competed with anyone. Yes he lost, and i believe he was deteriorating during the fight but it was one hell of a performance and you never know what could have happened, he had lots of success in that fight.

He was/is a great heavyweight in his own right, I think him and Bowe is a pick em, I think prime Bowe would have taken Wlad out, but Vitali I'm not so sure. I have always felt against the very best Vitali's substance over Wlad's superior style any day.

It is very close, and I would not argue with anyone either way. Bowe is clearly the more talented. I just feel Vitali was stronger mentally, and I think that matters when you are comparing great champions. He also has an iron chin which helps lol

Comment

People saying Vitali's "reign" was longer don't know what they are talking about. He only was #1 for like 1 fight. LOL

Comment

bowe, fought tougher opposition as well

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              One problem I have with Bowe was his utter refusal to fight Lewis. He THREW HIS BELT IN THE GARBAGE. I don't care what his excuse was, that's bad.

Bowe fought the better competition, no Holyfields around in Vitali's era.

Vitali already did something bowe was too scared to do, face lennox lewis!

Hey vitali do you want to fight lennox lewis in 2 weeks, kirk johnson got injured
              Vitali "yeah no problem lets do it"

Hey bowe do you want to make the super fight with lennox? "No way man **** that, that guy already whooped my ass once. You can have these belts. Is golota available?"

Comment

Vitali is a guy who'd never refuse a fight, but I give Bowe credit for rematching Golota after taking a beating. More than Lewis did when his fight with Vitali ended with a cut that was probably opened with an illegal shot while holding his opponent around the neck. Debatable to this day anyway. If you rate Holyfield as an upper echelon ATG you might pick Bowe, no other reason however as he ducked everybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Shot View Post
                  Vitali is a guy who'd never refuse a fight, but I give Bowe credit for rematching Golota after taking a beating. More than Lewis did when his fight with Vitali ended with a cut that was probably opened with an illegal shot while holding his opponent around the neck. Debatable to this day anyway. If you rate Holyfield as an upper echelon ATG you might pick Bowe, no other reason however as he ducked everybody else.
                  ROFL He avoided Rahman and now he's avoiding Haye.

Comment

I agree that Bowe's victories over Holyfield trump anything that Vitali's done. I just wish Bowe would've fought Tyson and Lewis. The dichotomy of Bowe's career was something else. He looked good against a great champ like Evander but struggled against Golota. As Eddie Futch said, Bowe lacked focus and he was lazy that's why he would come into fights out of shape. He could have been so much more if he had discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                      What do you think fellas?
                      who the hell has vitali beaten while HWT champ?

Comment

Working...
                      X