Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Smashes Sky Sports Viewing Records for Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch Smashes Sky Sports Viewing Records for Boxing

Matchroom’s Eddie Hearn has revealed to BoxingScene.com that Carl “The Cobra” Froch netted huge TV viewing figures when defeating Lucian Bute at the Nottingham Arena to pick up the IBF super middleweight title on Saturday night.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good for him if true but knowing Eddie hearns ( The British Bob Arum) I wouldn't be surprise if this was inflated

Comment

12am isn't late at night.

If it was a 4am fight like Dirrell was, then i would be impressed. But at 12am?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyMcNulty View Post
        12am isn't late at night.

If it was a 4am fight like Dirrell was, then i would be impressed. But at 12am?
        It is still a relatively late one, especially given the cricket and footy that day. I was there and one or two people were feeling it in the venue, so you'd expect a few to crash out at home, but the figures are solid regardless given that Froch hasn't bitten, threatened to eat kids, or literally shot or glarsed anyone in order to sell a fight.

Comment

Good news I think they will get some better tv ratings than this for a fight against Kessler. Froch vs. Kessler II will be a huge fight anywhere in Europe.

Comment

it must only be records for sky sports because 1.4 million people bought ppv for hatton mayweather at 4am.

Comment

Great numbers, which ever way you look at it. Its worth remembering that whilst this is a record for a fight on regular sky sports, it does not include the top numbers for UK PPV on SBO, where the number one spot is still (and always will be IMHO) Hatton Vs Mayweather which stands at approximatley 1.2-1.4Million buys, for a fight shown at 4-5am which is the only reason I brought it up, in response to a previous post about the time frame.

So considering that, I believe that the numbers from Saturday night are brilliant, especially considering the position Froch was in just a couple of years ago as far as TV was concerned, it has been a big turnaround from then and now.

Regarding the comment about Eddie Hearn being the British Bob Arum for bull****.....not quite yet, maybe Hearn Sr, but not Jr. I do think someone (probably Barry himself) needs to perhaps reign Eddie in a little bit, as he's shown on more than one ocassion, that he does some silly things. It would've been tremendously **** if the referee DQ'd Froch for Hearn running in the ring, but perhaps with the right kind (or wrong) referee, it could've went that way, in a heated atmosphere like that. I have certainly seen many things as strange in my time.

Comment

Good news. Looks like the Cobra finally gets the domestic recognition he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  it must only be records for sky sports because 1.4 million people bought ppv for hatton mayweather at 4am.
                  Yeah, there's at least one more PPV fight here which done more (Tyson vs Lewis approx 700-800k), maybe a couple more, like Haye vs Wlad.

But as far as regular Sky Sports, it is in the lead by quite some distance I think.

Comment

anything that comes out of eddie hearns mouth.. i have hard time trusting this fool.. so period.

Comment

Working...
                    X