No announcement yet.

Paul Williams P4P #1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Williams P4P #1?

If Paul beats Sergio where do you rank him on the list? Most people are quick to say number 3 but IMO he has to be looked at as the number 1 fighter in the world. Mayweather and Pacquaio are more established but neither of them is willing to get in the ring with him. Paul can make 147 or 154, the divisions those two fight and if they aren't willing to give him a shot I can only look at as they are ducking him.

He has already beat Sergio so he stays where he is.

Comment

Nah, I'd say there's a fairly large gulf in class between Pacquiao/Mayweather and whoever is #3 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
        Nah, I'd say there's a fairly large gulf in class between Pacquiao/Mayweather and whoever is #3 right now.
        They may be more skilled but do you feel they would beat him? Usually P4P best don't end up all bunched up in the same weight division but this is reality. Williams can make 147 or 154 so he could be paired up against either man. For arguments sake if you felt Paul would beat them, is he the best fighter in the world or is it simply that he has such a huge height and reach advantage?

Comment

Its crazy to put that guy ahead of Pacquiao.

Pacquiao is 8 division champ and he started at 106.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            They may be more skilled but do you feel they would beat him? Usually P4P best don't end up all bunched up in the same weight division but this is reality. Williams can make 147 or 154 so he could be paired up against either man. For arguments sake if you felt Paul would beat them, is he the best fighter in the world or is it simply that he has such a huge height and reach advantage?
            I feel they would both beat him.

Edit: at 147lbs and 154lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by CUNG LE View Post

Of course Pacquiao has a better career, no question about that. Isn't it unfair to Williams though that he might beat a top 5 guy, twice, yet will always be ranked no better than 3 on the list because the top 2 guys won't fight him? IMO, it is unfair because he is deserving of a matchup and is in the same division as those two, so there shouldn't be any excuses. Floyd or Manny need to fight Paul Williams if he gets by Sergio Martinez. If they don't, I can't just label Williams as the third best simply on past fights that Manny and Floyd have had.

Comment

Originally posted by CUNG LE View Post

Pac hasn't beat Margarito yet...

Comment

5 or 6 is about right. #1 is simply ridiculous

Comment

pwill is mediocre.

Comment

Working...
                    X