Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Rios vs Alvarado 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I expect Alvarado to box more and work behind his jab. I hope he ditches that shell defense he was trying out because Rios was nailing him with that overhand right.

Still I think Rios will knock him out later in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      I expect Alvarado to box more and work behind his jab. I hope he ditches that shell defense he was trying out because Rios was nailing him with that overhand right.

I think he was trying to box last time around wasn't he? In the sense that he understands it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack
        Quote:

Originally Posted by PBP

I think he was trying to box last time around wasn't he? In the sense that he understands it.
        He was boxing and brawling but he wasnt being himself when he was boxing with that b.s. Philly shell. It wasn't natural to him you know...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

IMO Alvarado is one of those fighters that will never look the same after losing his 0. Rios by mid-rounds TKO, easier than the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
            i dont want to see it yet because these guys are going to shorten each other's careers and ruin any future match-ups.
            I agree with this. They fought a brutal fight and Rios prevailed. Enough is enough and it's time to move on. But I have Rios by KO again, even quicker this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
              i dont want to see it yet because these guys are going to shorten each other's careers and ruin any future match-ups.
              TR has no other matchups. This or nothing pretty much. That said Alvarado was handly winning the first fight so i think he finishes this one.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                he wasnt being himself when he was boxing with that b.s. Philly shell. It wasn't natural to him you know...
                he's used it before, with mixed results.

Comment

Pretty sure mike is going to stick t boxing this time cause it was effect. Still an exciting fight but not as good as the first.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Never saw Rios legs buckle not once. I thought Rios took Alvarado's shots amazingly.

I love this fight but to be honest, I would have rather seen Rios against someone else, these types of fights take too much from a fighter with Rios' style.
                    Agreed, but there's not a lot to choose from, because Bob refuses to work with Golden Boy. Rios may have to move up to 147 sooner than he would like.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockoutFAN View Post
                      Will Rios win again or will Alvarado survive Rios late charge to get revenge?
                      Alvarado might win this time, because I doubt he will go toe to toe with Rios. Its hard to say, because Rios is so relentless. I don't feel Rios can beat a good boxer, but not sure if Alvarado can box that good.

Comment

Working...
                      X