No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo Confident: Saul Will Beat Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    José 'Chepo' Reynoso, the trainer of WBC 154-pound champion Saúl "Canelo" Álvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs), is confident his boxer can defeat Sergio Martinez (50-2-2, 28KOs), the WBC champion at 160-pounds.

On September 15th in Las Vegas, Martinez defeated Canelo's countryman Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs), while a few miles away Canelo beat down Josesito Lopez over five rounds.

Following their respective fights, Martinez mentioned Canelo as a potential opponent in early 2013. Martinez, a former junior middleweight champion, is willing to return to 154-pounds to make the fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Props to the Canelo Team for putting this out there... Critics are always saying something stupid! Either Canelo is too big for his opponents or too green for top p4p contenders...
    Last edited by Infamous; 10-07-2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
      Cintron handled Martínez ok. but took a beating from Canelo.
      Lol Cintron was knocked out by Martínez and also defeated via points.

Comment

I know all you guys hate Canelo but you guys are putting alot of faith in a 37 yr coming back healthy. And these are signifigant injuries. Knee ligament damage is no joke especially with a fighter like Martinez who relys on movement. Plus you have the hand injury. Martinez doesnt have access to the best doctors and trainers like NBA or NFL players. He could be on the shelf for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
          I know all you guys hate Canelo but you guys are putting alot of faith in a 37 yr coming back healthy. And these are signifigant injuries. Knee ligament damage is no joke especially with a fighter like Martinez who relys on movement. Plus you have the hand injury. Martinez doesnt have access to the best doctors and trainers like NBA or NFL players. He could be on the shelf for a while.
          Martinez's doctor is also the doctor of the King of Spain...

Comment

Canelo would likely be a bigger challenge than Chavez Jr. was, at least in terms of skill. However, of course Chavez has the advantage of being gigantic which Canelo wouldn't have. Martinez takes it but I think Canelo will go places as long as they step up the competition soon.

Comment

Originally posted by norway View Post
              HEY HEY Listen everybody........ IF anyone thinks Martinez stands a chance against Canelo they do not know boxing. Chavez fought one round and almost knocked out Martinez. Ha Ha Martinez is just a boring Ballet dancer that we all want to retire. He fights Canelo and all our wishes come true :-)
              You're right. Chavez just decided that he didn't want to fight until the 12th. It was nothing to do with Martinez outclassing him and nullifying his offense for the previous 11 rounds....

And also, calling Martinez "boring" is rich considering that your guy through about 3 punches in the opening 11 rounds....

....and Canelo? Who has he actually fought? Aside from small guys, old guys and small old guys? If he beat someone legit I wouldn't hate on him but he has to be the biggest hype job(after Chavez jr) in recent years in boxing.

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Team Canelo always talk big, then fight small.
              Couldn't have said it better myself.

Originally posted by boxingfan76 View Post
              chavez Jr let his hands go in 1 and half rounds and martinez was almost ktfo, that wasnt no flash knockdown gaytinez was one solid punch away from being out of there, why would we Mexican fans be scared of a glassjawed runner whom couldnt do **** to our guy in 10 rounds but came 1 hair from being ktfo??? And why would we mexican fans be afraid of some gay ass pansy whom came out of the fight with staples ,broken bones,torn ligaments and stictches????while our guy only suffered a black eye?Anyone from 154lbs to 60isnt afraid of Gaytinez after what Chavez did to him I garuntee you.
              "Gaytinez"? Come on, man.....you can do better than that.

Who in their right mind would stand and trade for 12 rounds with someone who outweighs them by 25 pounds?? I get that you're Mexican and your pissed off that your guy lost but you actually sound deluded. There's more to boxing than infighting...

Comment

I'm more worried if Sergio fought Canelo and DIDNT knock him out. I don't know who moves their head less, Canelo or Jr. jr is at least huge...Canelo just takes the hits because he's fighting smaller opposition who shouldnt even be in the weight class... I also don't like how in most his fights he seems to gas down the stretch... that's just terrible news against Martinez. If Canelo somehow made it to a decision, his face would be in tatters, possibly permanent damage.

Canelo isn't ready for Martinez..They'd be stupid to let this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
                  Martinez's doctor is also the doctor of the King of Spain...
                  Hes still 37 yrs old. I thought Serg moved to Oxnard?

Comment

All Roads lead to Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by norway View Post
                      HEY HEY Listen everybody........ IF anyone thinks Martinez stands a chance against Canelo they do not know boxing. Chavez fought one round and almost knocked out Martinez. Ha Ha Martinez is just a boring Ballet dancer that we all want to retire. He fights Canelo and all our wishes come true :-)
                      All your points and your account.....think about it, let me know....

Comment

Working...
                      X