Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek vs Walker Finalized For September 8 at Prudential

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adamek vs Walker Finalized For September 8 at Prudential

TOTOWA, NJ - Tomasz Adamek returns to Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on the afternoon of Saturday, September 8th when he takes on Travis Walker of Houston, the #12 contender, for the IBF's North American Heavyweight Title.

Standing nearly 6'5", Walker (39-7-1, 31 KO's) is coming off a big TKO win over Kali Meehan in Australia. A true road warrior known for his size and punching power, Walker has gone the distance with #3 contender Kubrat Pulev and Ruslan Chagaev in Germany. In addition to Meehan, Walker defeated Alonzo Butler, who was 28-1 at the time.

[Click Here To Read More]

Much better than James Toney.

Walker is a journeyman, but he's decent enough. He was utterly robbed against that bum Laipai.

Adamek is still a little bit of a duck for passing on the Chambers rematch to fight Walker.

Comment

so much for Adamek-Fury

Comment

Big man in preparation for Fury ? another 2 wins for Adamek,I hope he fights Fury before he enters the IBF 4 man tourney,Ustinov hasn't a chance either against the speed and counter punching of Adamek's,Adamek v Pulev final.

Comment

Travis Walker is a hard puncher and a dangerous opponent for Adamek, who appears to be slowing down a bit.

I won't be surprised if there's an upset.

Comment

Yet another bum for Adamek, again in his hometown.

Comment

Tomas is a true fighter in a land of too many pretenders.

Comment

travis walker is a tough B level fighter. i moved him up from a C+ because of his win over meehan & he got a bad decision vs chagaev. walker beat him in my opinion. he has improved & is now a solid gatekeeper. he can end a fight with one punch so he his always a threat. i think this is a good matchup. adamek fas fought golota, aguilera, mcbride, grant, arreola, chambers & vitali. mccbride is the only opponent at HW that i don't like. you add walker's name to the resume & it's really not that bad.
                Last edited by joe strong; 07-20-2012, 10:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X