Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Haye targeting the faded age 41 not a rematch with age 37 Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF r u talking about haye signed a contract in december to fight vitali and that was after vitali destroyed adamek and showed no signs of slowing down but vitali pussied out and fought chisora

Comment

there is no intrigue in a Wlad rematch

Wlad wins again, perhaps by KO this time

aging Vitali offers an intriguing fight

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        not only that, he was retired. i think he wanted no part of a rematch or of vitali, until vitali slowed down.

i think he saw something he liked when chisora fought vitali, and masterminded the glassing.

he's a brilliant matchmaker / promotor, haye. even if it's not his job

short answer : because he thinks he can actually win against a faded vitali.
        He wanted Vitali before the Chisora-Vitali fight.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          C'mon dude. Haye is an ******* but you don't need to post fake stuff. Haye wanted a rematch with Wlad, but Wlad turned it down and Haye let his license expire. Wlad should have turned down the fight after all the noise Haye made about a rematch clause, but saying Haye hasn't pursued a rematch is flat out untrue.
          I have to admit, at a certain point, I stopped reading articles on or statements from Haye because they were just idiotic, pointless and repetitive, so I might have missed it then.

But the stuff I did read, and videos I watched of Haye talking about Wladimir....I was struck by how he really didn't look like he wanted a re-match.
          It was like he was smart enough to know that he can't beat Wladimir. Sure, he said he would like the re-match one day but it wasn't said with any conviction.

And to me, it wasn't like Wlad turned down Haye, more that there was no need to even entertain the notion of a re-match, and Haye understood.

Nothing I have seen or read makes me think Haye wants a fight with Wladimir anything like he wants one with Vitali. And for me, the reason is simple, especially when you know Haye's character - big brother is declining big time, and Toe Boy knows it.

If I'm wrong and Haye really did want a Wlad re-match, I stand corrected.

But the above, and the previous posts, are my genuine recollections of how it has gone down.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            He wanted Vitali before the Chisora-Vitali fight.
            No, he did not. He thought Wladimir was the easier fight.

In fact Haye had a verbal agreement to fight Vitali back in 2009. Golden Boy, K-2 and HBO had the fight set up and ready to go, but then Haye backed out and fought Valuev instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              No, he did not. He thought Wladimir was the easier fight.

In fact Haye had a verbal agreement to fight Vitali back in 2009. Golden Boy, K-2 and HBO had the fight set up and ready to go, but then Haye backed out and fought Valuev instead.
              Of course he didn't want Vitali back in 09. He wanted no part of him.

He notoriously ducked him.

But, he wanted him on the second go round after being embarrassed by Wilad. Before the Vitali-Chisora fight.

He wouldn't shut up months prior about wanting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Vitali turned 41 in July and has looked past his prime in his past two fights.

Wladimir is getting older too - he'll be 37 in March - but he looked like he's still in his prime in his last fight in July 2012.

Why does David Haye want to fight the older Klitschko rather than the still-prime younger brother who has already defeated him?
                Actually this is the smart way to do it. If Haye manages to beat Vitali then his stock will go up and he will make more money fighting Wlad ..... plus it would put extra pressure to get that fight with Wlad made.

It's a win win unless he loses of course.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  not only that, he was retired. i think he wanted no part of a rematch or of vitali, until vitali slowed down.

i think he saw something he liked when chisora fought vitali, and masterminded the glassing.

he's a brilliant matchmaker / promotor, haye. even if it's not his job

short answer : because he thinks he can actually win against a faded vitali.
                  This ^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Of course he didn't want Vitali back in 09. He wanted no part of him.

He notoriously ducked him.

But, he wanted him on the second go round after being embarrassed by Wilad. Before the Vitali-Chisora fight.

He wouldn't shut up months prior about wanting him.
                    WTF r u talking about back in 2009 haye agreed to fight vitali but tge klitschkos offered a legendary slave contract tying up haye with k2 for a couple of years and valuev offered a much better offer and a belt

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
                      I have to admit, at a certain point, I stopped reading articles on or statements from Haye because they were just idiotic, pointless and repetitive, so I might have missed it then.

But the stuff I did read, and videos I watched of Haye talking about Wladimir....I was struck by how he really didn't look like he wanted a re-match.
                      It was like he was smart enough to know that he can't beat Wladimir. Sure, he said he would like the re-match one day but it wasn't said with any conviction.

And to me, it wasn't like Wlad turned down Haye, more that there was no need to even entertain the notion of a re-match, and Haye understood.

Nothing I have seen or read makes me think Haye wants a fight with Wladimir anything like he wants one with Vitali. And for me, the reason is simple, especially when you know Haye's character - big brother is declining big time, and Toe Boy knows it.

If I'm wrong and Haye really did want a Wlad re-match, I stand corrected.

But the above, and the previous posts, are my genuine recollections of how it has gone down.
                      dumbass haye tweeted the other day saying he only will fight someoe named klitschko and wladimir is a klitschko,david has said numerous times he would love a rematch with wlad but david is a realist and everyone knows wladimir wont give hye a rematch cuz the first fight wasnt even close and wlad wont give him a rematch

Comment

Working...
                      X