Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler is Eager: Andre Ward is The Perfect Fight For Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kessler is Eager: Andre Ward is The Perfect Fight For Me!

BoxingScene.com spoke to Denmark’s Mikkel Kessler, who sat ringside for Carl Froch’s return to knockout form against Lucian Bute at a rocking and raucous Nottingham Arena on Staurday night. The three-time super middleweight world champion and current WBC Silver light-heavyweight world titlist, who picked up the WBC’s latest “world” title belt by knocking out America’s Allan Green in four rounds last Saturday night, has left the door open for a return to 168lbs if he can secure a showdown with Froch, who now holds the IBF belt after stopping Bute in the fifth, or his preferred target Andre Ward, the universally recognised world champion at the weight.

[Click Here To Read More]

guys like Froch, Kessler and Dirrell are the best of the rest in the super middleweight division. These guys should fight it out among themselves and leave calling Ward out. He's in a league of his own, has the perfect combination of speed, defence, counter punching and head movement...in other words too much skill!

Comment

Ward also is the most boring to watch of the whole bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
        guys like Froch, Kessler and Dirrell are the best of the rest in the super middleweight division. These guys should fight it out among themselves and leave calling Ward out. He's in a league of his own, has the perfect combination of speed, defence, counter punching and head movement...in other words too much skill!
        so Ward should just retire then cos there's no point him fighting anymore?

Comment

Agreed. Ive never seen him in an exciting fight or knock anyone down/out.

Id only wasnt to see this return if it is in Denmark but Ward will never give up home advantage to anyone. Even Dirrell showed more courage in that aspect and you know youve got trouble if Andre Dirrel has more heart than you.

Comment

Originally posted by grutsch View Post
            Mainly beacuse his skill level level is far superior that his opponenets have no idea how to go about beating him. What do you want him to do? Just stand there and take big punches for no reason to make it an exciting tear up? If you're a true boxing fan you'll enjoy watching him, no matter how one sided it is.

Comment

Originally posted by grutsch View Post
              Doesn't change the fact that he's the best. Something I think his haters can't stand. So he's not a charismatic fighter and his fights sent slug fests but there's plenty to appreciate about the guy if u truly wanted to.

Anyways on topic, I have no interest in seeing this fight again.

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                so Ward should just retire then cos there's no point him fighting anymore?
                Who's his next fight? There's also potential fights with Chavez Jr and maybe Martinez. There will always be different challenges out there. What are you going to say when he beats the same people again? Maybe if those fights were even a little bit competetive i'd understand the push for rematches but they weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingmanic View Post
                  Who's his next fight? There's also potential fights with Chavez Jr and maybe Martinez. There will always be different challenges out there. What are you going to say when he beats the same people again? Maybe if those fights were even a little bit competetive i'd understand the push for rematches but they weren't.
                  He's already fought Dirrel?

Chavez jnr is a bigger challenge than Kessler or Froch?

Comment

Kessler is eager for any solid opponent for $$$$ fight. He got couple of fights left before heading to the broadcast booth.

Comment

Working...
                    X